ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a Sub

PH1 172 Sport
I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this. I miss the extra bass my sub produced in my last car and have decided to ask for another one for Christmas from my better half.

I have an absolute max of £200 to spend and that needs to include wiring.

Now for the hard bit!

I want a sub that provides a good kick whilst taking up as small amount of room possible. I don't want some huge box thats going to take up half the boot as I've been there and it was too impractical. To give an idea I've been looking at a Pioneer TS-WX11A to go under a seat but am unconvinced its going to sound any good.

I don't want to win any bass competitions here or rattle the car apart but just add a bit of depth to my components. So all advice is welcome!

Mini Cooper S
Pic of it in my MK3 boot:

DSC03823.jpg

I think you can an 8" version with a small box.

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Just an idea mate, some people have done it build a false floor and use your spare wheel well as a drop down. Get some sound deadining so it does'nt rattle.

PH1 172 Sport
Just an idea mate, some people have done it build a false floor and use your spare wheel well as a drop down. Get some sound deadining so it does'nt rattle.

Great idea but I'm after something thats a quick fit. I'm quite liking the look of an infinity basslink. Are they any good and does anyone have a pic of one in a clio?

I have the sub you mentioned in your original post, like you said its not going to win any competitions but certianly gives a boost to the treble. Hooked up to a becker grand prix, its no bad!