ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommendations for accident claim management

Renault Kangoo
Had a bump in the kangoo (guy drove out of a Give Way junction and didn't give way), bumped the car at rear passenger side. Insurers are talking about writing off but I got some independent quotes from bodywork shops who reckon it can be fixed. One of them mentioned using a accident claim management company. It's my first accident and I'd really appreciate some pointers as to which claim management companies to use (or not use). I've also seen some stuff on the web that some of these claim companies are credit hire companies. We don't need to hire a replacement vehicle and neither of us were injured, we just want to get the car fixed.
Thank you,
Jo

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Personally I’d keep as few people in the mix as possible. Go straight to his insurance if he’s admitted liability, just deal with them directly.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just use your insurance company. I used an accident management company who were brilliant to start with but seemed to lose interest in my claim very quickly.

Renault Kangoo
The car is 18 years old and the book price is approx £500. The cost of repairs is likely to exceed that. My understanding is that the insurance company is much more likely to write off than be willing to pay for the repair. I've been told by a bodywork shop that insurers would bully us but that an accident claim management co would be more likely to be impartial. I shouldn't have to lose my car on the basis of someone else banging into it. An MOT assessor and an independent mechanic have both been highly complimentary about the car.

My question wasn't about whether to use a accident claim company or not, it's asking for recommendations as to which ones are good and which ones to avoid (especially based on your experience), and I would be really grateful for those recommendations. Thank you :)

As for losing interest in the claim, I'm not entirely surprised, I can imagine they want people to sign up in order to get money from the insurers etc, I then I guess I'd just have to keep on their case to get it sorted.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
The car is 18 years old and the book price is approx £500. The cost of repairs is likely to exceed that. My understanding is that the insurance company is much more likely to write off than be willing to pay for the repair. I've been told by a bodywork shop that insurers would bully us but that an accident claim management co would be more likely to be impartial. I shouldn't have to lose my car on the basis of someone else banging into it. An MOT assessor and an independent mechanic have both been highly complimentary about the car.

My question wasn't about whether to use a accident claim company or not, it's asking for recommendations as to which ones are good and which ones to avoid (especially based on your experience), and I would be really grateful for those recommendations. Thank you :)

As for losing interest in the claim, I'm not entirely surprised, I can imagine they want people to sign up in order to get money from the insurers etc, I then I guess I'd just have to keep on their case to get it sorted.

If the car is only worth £500 I’ll be staggered if they don’t just write it off whether it’s an insurance company or a claims management company.

I was exactly the same when mine got crashed into while it was parked up unattended. I thought I’d would be very unfair to write it off for no fault of my own. However, that’s exactly what they did.

Just let them write it off, buy it back and get it repaired. It won’t mattet one bit of a £500 had a cat C (or whatever it is now) against it.

What Ron said.

It would very likely cost £500 in staff time to process any claim and faff about with repairing it, so they'll open the valuation book, look at the value, and just get the chequebook out.

Renault Kangoo
I would be really grateful to have some recommendations for companies, regardless, so that I can make my own choices and get opinions from the company. Thanks.