ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red Hot Newbie.....

stp

172 Flame Red Phase 1
......my Flame Red 172 that I bought last weekend!

Been looking for what seems an age. Its apparently only 1 of 60 in the colour. Its had 1 owner from new and its done 68k and im a very happy man. It is standard bar a longlife stainless system, but its still hidden so I have been getting some very confused looks .

Got a couple of things to sort though on her.
I have a very worn steering wheel so im going to get it retrimmed. (anyone recomended??)
Replace the broken door handles
Respray the electric window surrounds (Im guessing its artic silver)
Some new number plates.
And I might get the wheels refurbed.

Then I can get on with ragging it! :)

DSC_0839Medium.jpg

DSC_0835Medium.jpg

DSC_0837Medium.jpg

stp

172 Flame Red Phase 1
Im tempted to try and save some pounds so I might have a go at getting the aircon removed???:)

Probally going to keep it fairly standard. (he says as he has said with every other car!)

Ad

MK2 FRS
is a nice clean motor mate....

Im fairly certain i viewed it. Id get the cambelt done if I where you as it is over due. (dont take offence to the comment)

RB 182
You'll have a job on with that steering wheel!

If tried loads of places for my PH2 one, but they all said they dont do it as its too fiddly!

If you find somewhere, let me know!

Looks good btw, how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
great looking 172

you certainly got a rare one there

as Ad said though, get the belt done ASAP fella.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Im fairly certain i viewed it. Id get the cambelt done if I where you as it is over due. (dont take offence to the comment)

yep likewise, it was advertised on pistonheads

that was the only thing that really put me off otherwise i would of bought it, it hasen't been done yet if i am right.

can i ask how much you paid for it in the end mate?

Ad

MK2 FRS

that was the only thing that really put me off otherwise i would of bought it, it hasen't been done yet if i am right.

lol ditto...

good value at 3900 mate. at the point i looked at it a couple of weeks ago he wasnt prepared to go that low (that was my feeling).

As long as your aware of the belt.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

lol ditto...

good value at 3900 mate. at the point i looked at it a couple of weeks ago he wasnt prepared to go that low (that was my feeling).

As long as your aware of the belt.

likewise..lol

glad you know of the belt dude, enjoy it, especially not owning a silver one

stp

172 Flame Red Phase 1
Originally Posted by stp
Yeah I know I need to get the belt done she is going to have a bit of a tlc service. Got her for £3,900 was first advertised at £4,600

I might do a bit of colour coding (i.e the rubbing strips)

Seen these ont t'internet for the wheel retrim.

http://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/Lotu...sp?Id=RETRIM_5

Will they do Renaults though, thats a Lotus site?

I know but im going to ask anyhow.:) Heres hoping!!

Im probo going to get the belt done here

http://www.the-french-connection.co.uk/

Anyone used them?

clio 172
nice motor matey where in hertfordshire are u i used to live in hemel hempsted how much did they quote you for cambelt?

stp

172 Flame Red Phase 1
I live in cuffley near potters bar.

Ain't got a price yet for the belt but should know 2mororow

clio 172
give my mate a call at hardings renault in hemel 01442 878855 hes the bodyshop manager they do serviceng aswell 25% of cambelts at the mo and he could sort u out colour codeing aswell his name is gary