ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

red light flashed

is this 3 points and a fine ????

i went through a red light on tues evening and got double flashed by something was supposed to be at work 40 miles away at the time and was thinking of saying that wernt me do i have any chance of getting away with it ??????

don't

red light jumpers are bad, serious offense really

amber though, go through em all day long

in ur defense we dont know what happened, in colchester some lights seem to get stuck and stay red for a gd 5 mins even though theres no cars around whatsoever zzzzzzzzzzzzz

but no u cant get out of it unless u leave the country and live on a boat for the rest of ur life

Not a Clio

can be a bugger sometimes cant it.. going too fast too slow down but not fast enough to make it just as it goes red.

There some lights in tamworth on a roundabout though that as one set are changing to red the other set are changing to green so if you do go through on red... even amber the other lane is pulling out already.

don't

hmm

well who would you say is driving your car mate???

they will have ur reg, so will want to know who was driving etc

u got any1 2 take the fall??

damn six points its is then i 2 weeks whats next bad things happen in 3s ive been silly that will teach me for burning up a A3 oh well thanks lads anyother ideas fire away

yea girlfriend or other family members who have access to keys not sure she will take the points for me thou ???

Was anything close behind you at the time? I know someone that got away with this. It states somewhere in the highway code that if you have a viechle close behind you and its safer to go than stop go? Just an idea

jase

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Jase16v on 17 February 2005

Was anything close behind you at the time? I know someone that got away with this. It states somewhere in the highway code that if you have a viechle close behind you and its safer to go than stop go? Just an idea

jase
nightmare to prove things, unless in the pic. My mates mum was stationary at a red when an ambulance comes up behind, she had to creep foreard to let it get past. Of course when she told the police they couldnt care less and still fined her. Wouldnt have taken much to contact the Ambulance Service and ask if a vehicle was going that way at that time...

rory182 - That is un-f*&king-believeable, Ive done similar on a couple of occasions without even considering that.

Christ, what is this country coming to ?!? Am I seriously expected to decided between taking 3 points and a fine or letting an ambulance pass ?!? These coppers really are money grabbing f*&kwits.

Impreza Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 17 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Jase16v on 17 February 2005Was anything close behind you at the time? I know someone that got away with this. It states somewhere in the highway code that if you have a viechle close behind you and its safer to go than stop go? Just an ideajase[/QUOTE]nightmare to prove things, unless in the pic. My mates mum was stationary at a red when an ambulance comes up behind, she had to creep foreard to let it get past. Of course when she told the police they couldnt care less and still fined her. Wouldnt have taken much to contact the Ambulance Service and ask if a vehicle was going that way at that time...

Thats because it is law that even emergancy vehicles have to stop at red lights, even coppers.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Quote: Originally posted by quickshift on 17 February 2005
but if i was 40 miles away and can lie but prove it surely there is something i can do ????????? help lads

That depends on whether or not you want to do a spell inside! Theyre not stupid, if you lie theyll do you for perverting the course of justice which is a serious offence and carries a custodial sentence.

Your choice.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Ziffy on 18 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 17 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Jase16v on 17 February 2005

jase
nightmare to prove things, unless in the pic. My mates mum was stationary at a red when an ambulance comes up behind, she had to creep foreard to let it get past. Of course when she told the police they couldnt care less and still fined her. Wouldnt have taken much to contact the Ambulance Service and ask if a vehicle was going that way at that time...

Thats because it is law that even emergancy vehicles have to stop at red lights, even coppers.
They have to show due care and proceed with caution... but people typically have to move out of the way.

black golf v6 4 motion

^^^ true you only move out of the way of emergency vehicles IF it is SAFE to do so..... happens quite often driving buses that i cannot move out of the way due to traffic congestion, lights junctions etc etc

I got caught jumping a red some time ago.

It was a situation where brakes were being used by all. Suddenly the lights are amber...I spend half a second too long deciding whether to carry on or hit the anchors harder...I looked behind and saw a car bearing down hard in my mirror, looking like he cant stop...

So rather than risk him hitting me, I decide to jump the amber...it goes red as I pass under it.

A week or so later I get a letter saying "Well done sir, good sensible driving that avoided an accident" Oh no...it was points and a fine :(

so i now await my points ah well never mind and snoop the car didnt have a boot full of cocain, the worst thing is they would increase the fan thats like saying u knicked a mars bar but u could end up doing a ten strech??????

my suggestion would be to stop jumping red lights you prick. next time youll smash into someone and have a death by dangerous driving on your conscious. you deserve your points and a fine. take them and accept them.

how about you do it three more times and then youll be banned and the roads will be a safer place.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

^^ very harsh id say but there is a point in there somewhere..

yes, i concede that perhaps it is. my apologies. in my defence, i was absolutely battered, and infuriated, and im surprised that it wasnt riddled with profanities. and it is a stupid thing to do!

and my post got the message across.

my ex missus dad got caught doin this, he said that there was an ambulance coming behind him, and he had to keep going to let the ambulance through, he got away with it

how about people with non helping ideas stick it where it hurts and if i do run another red light i hope id kill u sounds good u dick

Sorry mate, but you are the one who jumped red...... you might have been in a cold cell overnight if youd hit someone..... so think on..... take it like a man and move on.

Oh, and dont come here with your attitude as above...... not nice... not needed..... youre in the wrong.... end of.... k?

just say sorry but what the picture does not show is that it was unsafe to stop so quickly due to the car behind being too close to me and i was at that point of do i or dont i stop?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Ok, firstly boys calm down, you are not coming across in the best way

Handbag <--------------- 10 paces ---------------> Handbag

Going through red lights can have serious consequences, hence the cameras although I dont agree with the cameras as "money makers"

54 astravan 1.7tdci

it might not have had film in it.i got flashed and didnt here anything.

not that i make a habit of jumping traffic lights.

them cameras @ the lights are a piss take. did you know some of them are also setup so that they are speed cameras when they are on green and light jumpers when on red. now thats lower than low. surpose its a good place as so meny people speed up to make it before the red light as well.

Thing is if people do pull over for an ambulance then wouldnt the ambulance also have been caught going through the red light as well?

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 20 February 2005

them cameras @ the lights are a piss take. did you know some of them are also setup so that they are speed cameras when they are on green and light jumpers when on red. now thats lower than low. surpose its a good place as so meny people speed up to make it before the red light as well.

Thing is if people do pull over for an ambulance then wouldnt the ambulance also have been caught going through the red light as well?

Yeah youd think the ambulance might be in frame still... but if youre at the front of a queue and moving out the way the ambulance might not have even got as far as the camera before you get flashed...

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 20 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 20 February 2005them cameras @ the lights are a piss take. did you know some of them are also setup so that they are speed cameras when they are on green and light jumpers when on red. now thats lower than low. surpose its a good place as so meny people speed up to make it before the red light as well.Thing is if people do pull over for an ambulance then wouldnt the ambulance also have been caught going through the red light as well? Yeah youd think the ambulance might be in frame still... but if youre at the front of a queue and moving out the way the ambulance might not have even got as far as the camera before you get flashed...[/QUOTE]

Think hes trying to say wouldnt the ambulance get flashed, thus proving it had gone through a red light.

tiTTy & SV650

ahhh yeah its early, Im a bit dim in the mornings!

Yeah unless the lights changed in the time it took for the ambulance to catch the front of the queue. And they probably dont even bother saving emergency vehicles images from the cameras, thatd be too smart!

I know the camera that got me doing a red, also had a speed reading. 33mph in a 40zone, deciding to hop the light to avoid getting arse ended. Not worth arguing about though really.

Quote: Originally posted by quickshift on 19 February 2005

how about people with non helping ideas stick it where it hurts and if i do run another red light i hope id kill u sounds good u dick
oooooo, lard dee dar, pick up your toys and put them back in your pram.

FFS why the f**k do people seem to have this problem with trying to avoid speeding tickets and red light tickets etc etc

Yes ok if you were in the right, ie moving out the way of an emergency vehical, but if you just jumped it for the hell of it...or you were speeding for no reason atall, dont; come on here trying to get out of it, you were in the wrong, you got caught, take it like a f**king man, take the points, and fine, slow donw for a few years till the points go....end of!

yea sorry lads just get a bit heated when people dont know the full story i dont tend to jump red lights myself and dont rag my car 24/7 exp when driving on residentual roads all i wanted to know was could i get out of it simple sometimes there is nothing wrong with bending the law a little bit