ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Redline when raggin it ?

Shed.
i know was very slow but it got me my 3 yrs no claims allowing me to be able to afford a 172. so was worht it

i cant take it anymore lol. Dunno how much longer i can take driving a 1.2 ;)

nah i love ma car. I dont bash it about very often, and i certainly dont do it on normal roads. Which is why i go for gentle drives in the countryside once very rarely.

Wilky, if i change at 2500 itll be barely moving, the car starts to move at about 4000 revs.:eek:

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
You do confused me though Michael. Your name says 172... you have a picture of a Williams... and you drive a 1.2? Funny boy :)

ph1 172
i used to hav a 1.4 106xsi and i hit the rev limiter a couple of times by accident.. im pretty sure this is why 1st the head gasket went, and then the bottom end went therefore completely seizing up the engine!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 1.2 16v took mega abuse untill 130,000 miles before i blew it up. enw engines done 50k (6k by me hammering it) and still feels brand new

still the best car for having fun ive had even compaired to the 172.

at the end of the day i cant see why ragging a 1.2 makes u look like a tit. when i used to take it on the cliosport backroad thrashes down backroads i kept up with the 172's no problem so basically it was a bunch of renault clios going round a backroad at silly speeds why do i look like a tit compaired to them?

Clio 172 mk2
PMSL at this thread. Ragging a 1.2? What's the point? I drive my g/f's dynamique sometimes, and I thought I would see what happened throughout the rev range. I came to the conclusion that there is no point going past 5k EVER. It takes about 30 seconds to get from 5k to 6k, it's so pitiful. It just sits there revving but not doing a lot.

Honestly, trying to drive a 1.2 fast makes you look like a tit. I had a 1.2 punto for about a year before the 172 (was brand new cos got it very cheap) and the quickest way to drive it was to literally change at 4.5k lol.

Shut up.

Im 18. FFS what do you think im going to drive, ill be honest with you, it can be a fun car to drive if you drive it correctly. Yeah, its slow, but its more than i need to get myself into trouble. Not only that the 1,2 is still perfectly capable of 89,90mph.

cant lie though it is slow as s**t lol. But then we all corner at the same speeds dont we. and as for looking like a tit, thats why i go out where its quiet and no one can see me.

I agree on the point that you can have lots of fum in a 1.2 but I'm not sure we all corner at the same speeds !

I went for a 'spirited' drive yesterday in the wet....hit the limiter a couple of times and got sideways....the traction control light came on:)