ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refitting rear wiper and motor

Hi.

I’ve recently got back into a 197 which has had the rear wiper deleted. Looks nice enough but ideally wanting to take it back to stock and put the wiper back on. I’ve had the rear panel off and the motor has been removed, just a wire of some sort which looks like it will just plug back in.

So need to get hold of one but before I do is this possible? It’s got the delete plug in so just a case of carefully popping out?

Any advice welcome ?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Recently put the rear wiper back on my 200 I bought without one.

Simple to do but the hardest part for me was getting the 3 rivet bolts off that had been left behind (these hold the wiper motor on) - I tried drilling them out but didn't do anything - I ended up grinding the tops off and pushing the centres out.

Wiper motor is about £15 off eBay and an arm and blade is the same again.

Make sure get a motor with rubber sealing grommet on and retaining nut - loads don't have them.

One tip - I used 3 x 20mm m8 bolts and nuts to hold the motor back on (instead of using new rivet bolts) - there is plenty of room in the tailgate recess to get your fingers in and push the bolts through and get a nut on.

@markdavid172

That’s fantastic, cheers for this ??. I’ve seen a complete unit (motor and wiper) on eBay so that should have all I need I guess?