ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

refitting standard headunit

Audi S3 225

I need some help fitting my old headunit back in and getting the display to work on the car. When I got my Sony headunit from Halfords they offered free fitting so I got that done. I haven’t got my headunit anymore so I’ve decided to stick the original headunit in with my vodayton cd-changer that came with it.

My question is I’ve managed to remove the halfords adaptor that let my Sony headunit work, now I’ve got 3 plugs that go in the back of the renault headunit 2 big ones and a smaller one that goes into the blue slot. Next to that is a green slot but I haven’t got a plug to go into that one.

The headunit seems to work it beeps when I press the numbers probably because it thinks I’m trying to enter the code, but I cant enter the code as I cant see the display in the car next to the clock. How do I get this working, is it the missing green plug that’s why it isn’t working??

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thx Allan

the small plug you said you have should be your display or if you have multichanger it could be that if so yo deffo should have another plug there somewhere

Mondeo STTDCI

Just paid an ICE dealer to do mine. Ripped the dash out, took out the alpine unit and saw a maze of wires and i was like "f**k".

Paid him £20 to do it. Werent too bad. He reftted the OE h/u and i was happy enough. Bit pissed i couldnt work it out buy hey, sh*t happens

looking at my standard h/u now thats deoffo ur display 1 im shure itl be behind ur dash somewhere my plug for it is yellow with 3 or 4 wires coming out

Ford Fiesta

ur guys in the know with renault head units heres a question, lol

I had a renault vdo dayton changer fitted to my dynamique from new, I had the changer removed when the car was in accident. It used to work off remote and dispaly on dash screen etc.

The wire (grey) out of the headunit is still there with round pin plug on end. but not the rest that went from this grey wire to presume back of headunit?What wire do i need to order to put this vdo dayton in my 182 standard in dash cd player. Presume it will fit as bracket still on should mount right away under drivers seat?

will it work on display and remote as it did in dynamique? considering im having carminat sat nav fitted too so different screen?

(sorry to post on your thread jonesy, have you sorted it now?)

Audi S3 225

Thx for the help guys, I went out with a touch and looked under the dash on the passenger side, and I saw the yellow plug hiding behind the fans and stuff.

I plugged it in and got the display working plus I got the CD changer working as well with the blue plug, I’ve placed it under the front seat instead of the boot.

Anyway the remote on the steering wheel doesn’t work, I’ve checked all the wires, plus there is no where for the remote wire, plug or whatever it is to go into the back of the headunit.

I’ve got some big dodgy halfords wire with a block on it that seems to be for the remote. I’m sure the blokes sliced the wire somewhere and connector blocked it, but I can’t find anything, I’ve looked everywhere. Man, its so packed behind there!

Anyone know how I can get the remote working, I just got back from the gym and almost crashed about 5 times trying to change the volume and radio stations!!!!

172 FF

Well if its aything like the Alpine to fit the stalk control adapter, you have to take the dash top off & connect it to the display. By first removing the original connector & tapping into it.So maybe it needs plugging back into the display unit to get it working again.
Havent dabbled with the sony tho, so not sure.

Audi S3 225

dam i was hopeing i could do it without taking the dash off, last time i tried i gave up after an hour or so, after finally getting all the screws out, the dash was loose apart from at the side where the pillar parts are, where they connect to the side of the dash, i couldnt get them of seemed like they wanted to snap, so i gave up and hit some stuff to calm my anger grrrrrr dam dash grrrrr:mad:

Ill try again 2moro, as i have the day off work. That dash best come off, if it does im gonna be making a trip to halfords to buy some tweeters!;)

172 FF

If you take the rubber off the inside of the door area you can bend the pillar covers back & just get your finger in & there is a release at the top, you should be able to see it.
Once thats off then pull the pillars upwards & out.

I found the hardest part is the clips at the back left of the dash.

I pulled & pulled & pulled, but they just wouldnt come off. So I let go & thought f**k it. Then after a minute I tried again & it came straight out with no fuss at all. I think its a pull, push lift, drop combo to get them off.