ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refromating pc, what happens to iTunes?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Got all the music and apps i want on my iPhone,

But when i reformat what happens? It won't try delete them off my phone when i connect it up to a fresh install will it?

Megane
Got all the music and apps i want on my iPhone,

But when i reformat what happens? It won't try delete them off my phone when i connect it up to a fresh install will it?

It depends if you drag and drop them onto your phone or if you auto sync

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
eerr?
I make a playlist, then drop them in there, then sync the phone.

Black 197
Copy the whole itunes folder in your music folder in documents to a cd/dvd/HD/mem stick etc

The itunes folder it will contain everything from photos,music,vids,app's etc

When you've formatted your pc re-install itunes, copy the folder back into the music folder in documents hey presto everything is back where it should be

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Copy the whole itunes folder in your music folder in documents to a cd/dvd/HD/mem stick etc

The itunes folder it will contain everything from photos,music,vids,app's etc

When you've formatted your pc re-install itunes, copy the folder back into the music folder in documents hey presto everything is back where it should be

Assuming you don't forget you Apple ID to reauthorise your music again! :)

Rollo - you're best deauthorising your PC in iTunes before you reformat (assuming you haven't done so already?). Just click on the Advanced tab at the top and then at the bottom, the prompt 'Deauthorise audible account' is listed. That just helps in authorising you music after the reformat as I think you only get 5 attempts per year, iirc?

D.

Black 197
Assuming you don't forget you Apple ID to reauthorise your music again! :)

Rollo - you're best deauthorising your PC in iTunes before you reformat (assuming you haven't done so already?). Just click on the Advanced tab at the top and then at the bottom, the prompt 'Deauthorise audible account' is listed. That just helps in authorising you music after the reformat as I think you only get 5 attempts per year, iirc?

D.

Good shout D. I forgot about the whole "authorising" thing, Though you do get 5 authorisations iirc