ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refurbished TV's

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Right guys, in need of a cheap TV but would like it to be pretty good too.

I stumbled across some decent spec'd refurbished ones on eBay, but are they a no go?
Any advice? Anyone bought one?

Cheers!

Listerine & Poledo
If it comes with a warranty, it's no worse than getting a low-end, but new TV

I'd rather a refurbed Sony than a box-fresh Technica, or Hitachi...or any of those other North-Korean specials

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Google searches throw in stories that don't fill me with confidence. Urgh.😞
I've worked in online retail etc for years, you only ever get bad feedback. I've worked for large successful companies but people only seem to post the bad reviews, I've found anyway.

What stories have you heard?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I've worked in online retail etc for years, you only ever get bad feedback. I've worked for large successful companies but people only seem to post the bad reviews, I've found anyway.

Just people that have had to send tv after tv back until they've received a properly working one.

Lol at North Korean specials. :laughing:

Listerine & Poledo

People will quickly take to the internet for a moan if they're even marginally put out by anything.
Happy sorts, maybe they'll leave s 5-star feedback
the majority though, the 'Meh' group if you like, they just get on with their lives.

So, customer feedback should really get retitled as "keyboard warrior arena"

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
People will quickly take to the internet for a moan if they're even marginally put out by anything.
Happy sorts, maybe they'll leave s 5-star feedback
the majority though, the 'Meh' group if you like, they just get on with their lives.

So, customer feedback should really get retitled as "keyboard warrior arena"
'Keyboard warrior arena' would be awesome. Someone should pitch that to Argos!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I think our last telly was refurbished, not entirely sure we fully realised when we bought the thing but it didn't matter.

Lasted well, until I gave it to my brother and he broke the sodding thing.

Listerine & Poledo
'Keyboard warrior arena' would be awesome. Someone should pitch that to Argos!
"this TV is s**t"
"no, it's great"
"mine is s**t, only 4 HDMIs? What is this the 80's"
"maybe it's just that you can't read, and are, yourself, s**t"
"I'm gunna tell mi mum"

etc.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
"this TV is s**t"
"no, it's great"
"mine is s**t, only 4 HDMIs? What is this the 80's"
"maybe it's just that you can't read, and are, yourself, s**t"
"I'm gunna tell mi mum"

etc.
" Awful TV, says super high definition but when I try and watch it outside in the blistering sunshine, the picture goes a bit funny.
a_0be27584.jpg
"