ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refused renewal insurance - but why?

RS 172+
I have been insured with Greenlight for the last year. My renewal is due next month.
Today I received a letter stating that they are no longer willing to insure my vehicle (172 chipped/lowered/mod exhaust/filter) for a further year. I am 55 yr old with 9+ years NCB.
No explanation is given.
I haven't made any claims, nor declared any new convictions.
Has there been a policy change within this company?
Any other ideas why they would refuse to offer a renewal?
Thanks
Jon

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Strange one, I rang up the other day and they quoted me on my 172. Very uncompetitive quote though.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Mate Try Brentacre... 01792 650933

My renewal has just come through and they cant be beaten by any other company i have contacted as of yet.

MR2 Mk1.5
It is not uncommon for an underwriter to withdraw a rate from a broker if the particular vehicle is not performing well, eg lots of claims. My company see new brokers coming along on a regular basis, blowing everyones prices out of the water for a few months until they get some claims, then all of a sudden they cannot insure the car any longer.

It is not uncommon for an underwriter to withdraw a rate from a broker if the particular vehicle is not performing well, eg lots of claims. My company see new brokers coming along on a regular basis, blowing everyones prices out of the water for a few months until they get some claims, then all of a sudden they cannot insure the car any longer.

So what your saying is, we need to find the broker whose blowing everyone else out the water at the moment? ;)

RS 172+
I've called Greenlight and they simply said there's 'been a problem' with my insurance. I asked to speak with a Manager, but he was on the phone. I was promised a call right back... that was 2 hrs ago :dapprove:
I've now renewed with Brentacre :approve:
I'm guessing that skyinsurance's assumption above is correct, though why Greenlight didn't seem fit to offer an alternative company I don't know?
Thanks all.

Golf GTD Mk7
strange one for sure. I've just recieved my greenlight renewal through with no issues. Do you think it was due to the mods?

Do Greenlight still not insure 172 Cups?

I was forced to another broker (HIC) because I was told their main insurer (Highway) had refused due high losses on the car.

Must be a Greenlight decision as HIC immediatly offered (and still do) cover from Highway :S

Clio 182
Yeh I've just renewed with greenlight too ... 2005 182, 5yrs ncb, coilovers, yozza exhaust and turinis and I'm 29.

Seems really strange as you'd think being a broker they'd be able to offer you an alternative.

Least you've got it sorted now tho with someone else :cool:

Golf GTD Mk7
Maybe it's just 172 rather than 182's? Technicality I know. Just rang up to tell them about my exhaust. No extra cost on my renewal. SOLD!!! :D