ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reg plate lights not there - help?!

The idiot who owned my VW before me has smoothed out the registration plate light hole on the bumper, and completely cut the wires inside. What the hell can I do?

It's not the bumper, it's the fact that if I got one with the lights in, I have nothing to plug them in to :(!

Gonna try the above, cheers pal! What are these LED bolt thingies? Any other ideas as well as the one above? xx

The bolt idea is a good un Jamie, other than that, cutting the bumper where he has smoothed it? Or finding something that can be added on?

Like I said it ain't the bumper that's the problem, it's the fact that when I DO cut it and put the lights in, there's nothing to plug them into. I don't get the bolt idea, explain? :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Go and find the f**king idiot who MOT'd it first.

Then slap him.

Dodgy one
Like I said it ain't the bumper that's the problem, it's the fact that when I DO cut it and put the lights in, there's nothing to plug them into. I don't get the bolt idea, explain? :(

Number plate screws basically which have LEDs in them to light your plate up, They'l have black and red wires, and it needs to be switched you take a live from the multiplug from the back of the light which gives you a reading when the sidelights are on and wire it to the Reds on the LEDS and ground it to the Chassis, When you operate your sidelights they should come on and off as a Normal numberplat light would

There will more than likely be a resister in there too to stopyou frying the LEDs

I think the bolts are only for asthetics and wont substitute for a proper numberplate light You'l more than likely have to chop the hole out as you say and fit a proper one using the above method

Last edited: