ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rejecting my car - I’ve won!!!

Yep, just had word through. Renaulkt themselves declared the car within tolerance (gits!) and the dealership is taking the hit! Wahey! :D

Theyre paying off my finance minus the two payments Ive already made, which is fair given that I covered 3000 miles in the car. Theyll be refunding my deposit/GAP insurance and hopefully a few other costs (including my solicitors bill)

Im going car shopping at the weekend :cool:

Titanium 182

true han

id go for the new integra tyre R

get one now b4 they come out

there absoloutley rapid

my mates just got 1 and the 225bhp vtec screams all they way 2 9000+ rpm and is wild !

I know it could happen to any car, but with the added rattles/squeaks and the problems everyone else has had, I dont think a new car is worth the extra money any more. Plus the way Renault have dealt with me is disgusting - I get better customer service buying a £3 Burger King meal than a £13,000 car.

Im getting married in 18 months, so I think Ill have to get something sensible-ish unfortunately. I managed to sneak to the Cup through, but were looking at quite an expensive wedding so I need to down grade :( Fair enough though, as I have a flash bike :D

I fancy an old shape Subaru Impreza Turbo (sorry...) but theyre so expensive for their age/mileage. Im seriously considering trying to find a mint 1.9 205 GTI...

Yeah, 106 GTI and Saxo VTS are up there. Had a 1.6 205 GTI and Saxo VTR before the Cup and would consider either the GTI or VTS. Ill see if I can get a couple of test drives...

Titanium 182

gti and vts are exerlent cars for a little 1600 with 120hp and can easily made to go better will little cash at all

i really like the look of the wicked red mk2 vts on 15s and you can get them for like 5.5k now on v and w plate

love 205s as well iv got a mate whos big into them and is getting shot of his 51 plate vts to get a mint 1.9

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Having owned a 106 GTi in the past I can tell you now that youll love it!

Ok, so it aint got the outright grunt of the Cup and needs to be worked to get the performance out of the smaller engine, but f*ck me it aint half fun and they are still bl00dy quick! Can easily be tuned to make them just as quick though and they respond very well to mods.

Handling wise the 106 is even better than the Cup, but partly due to it being that bit lighter, that bit better balanced (smaller engine up front) and theres less power & torque to feed through the front wheels, so it doesnt have much torque steer pulling it all over the place. Really was superb!

Had mine for 2 years and it was a LOT more reliable than the Cup, very rarely went to the dealers and had less rattles too.

Id have another...

Clio Dci

thats great news. :D did they tell you in person or by a letter. glad you won in the end though. but having said that bet you had to fight hard for it.

best of luck with the car shopping

Be differnet Skoda Fabia VRS 11k from the brokers loads of kit and a £500 remap which is difficult for dealers to see (they dont look for one even with warently work) takes it to ~180hp and 300lb torque)

Cheaper insurance than a Cup as well its group 7 I think. Plus depreciation wont be high it dont cost much compairred with other economical fast hot hatches.

Or a Seat Ibiza

EDD

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

He wants a cheaper car folks, so suggesting new cars aint gonna help...

Cheers Rich - glad you could see what I was getting at!

Love the suggestions though - keep em coming!

Saxo VTS is the current favourite...

I would without a shadow of doubt go for a 106 Rallye. I have now owned a 106 Rallye, Pulsar GTI-R (280bhp) and now a Willy 1 and i would still go for a Rallye

The old Integra Type R, great handling, bullet proof engine
Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, fast as fook and looks damn good (IMO)
Toyota Glanza Turbo, fast as a standard 172 and very tunable
Nissan 200sx, RWD oversteer fun and very tunable

They can be had at around £6-7K mark.

Well Im off to look at at a 94 Impreza WRX tomorrow. 50k miles in Silver and looks mint in the photos. Not bad for £5,295 I thought...

Im also heading off to the local car supermakets for a nosey round. Will let you know what I decide to get...

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Id get a diablo Red 106 Gti - and add slap a supercharger on after the wedding bill!

Checked out a couple of 106 GTIs today, but they were top money and not mint. Looking at another tomorrow, along with a couple of Saxo VTSs.

Plus something a little rarer... :)

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Glad to see your still car shopping, your right about Renault customer service thou, it sucks !!!:mad:

I thought Renault were good at least one thing, the FRENCH arrogance :devilish:

never had a problem with customer service. They even drive me home and pick me up if my car is being repaired there. they still failed to repair all damn annoying sqeaks, rattles, creaks the b******s. Whats the story with this car?

what about a 206 quicksilver? thats if you can put up with about 100 badges plastered all over the car

Well as you can all see from my profile, Ive got my new car sorted. Pick it up on Thursday hopefully! :D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<