ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Relay blown Clio11 1.9dti

clio2 2001 1.9dti
Engine won't start, no warning and glowplug light Breakdown service diagnosed relay blown, towed home.
First question. do I have to remove relay box to get at relays, breakdown chap seemed to think so.
Second question. which is the pump and glow plug relays. Thanks.

clio2 2001 1.9dti
The back story is that I gave someone a jump start and the red lead crocodile connector made contact with a metal part close to the battery as I was manipulating the jaws onto the terminal. This of course created a short with a flash of sparks. When I tried to start the engine there was a buzzing sound coming from the relay box and no red light on the dash or glow plug light.
Anyhow I've taken out all the relays one by one and found the one that is buzzing but when I swapped it for another identical relay the buzzing started again. This indicate to me that there is a fault in the feed to the relay. in the wiring or some other unit, maybe the inertia sensor switch?

clio2 2001 1.9dti
I've fixed it! It was the inertia fuel cut off switch which was stuck on. I removed it with the plan in mind to bypass it then I chickened out on that idea and put it back on. The fiddling around with it must have switched it off . Everything works now, the relay's not buzzing any more. Brilliant!