ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reliable and cheap online shops?

GW RS200
Does anyone have any experience with either simplyelectronics or digitalrev.com? I'm looking for the cheapest price I can without getting ripped off, if anyone has any advice I'd be really grateful for a good nod in the right direction! Thanks if you can help...

Ian

Focus TDCi
Pretty sure Simply Electronics have a bad reputation over on Talk Photography forums. Digital Rev are ok as far as I know.

Digital rev are great.. such fast delivery from HK, ordered something and it came in about 3/4 days.

VW ....
Used Simply Electronics to purchase a DSLR ,at the time they were the cheapest for what i was after & absolutely no problems ,would use again .

VW ....
^need to be a registered user to read m8 .

As i said ,couldn't have been better ,quick delivery ,at the time cheapest than anywhere ,maybe i was lucky ! :S

Ian

Focus TDCi
TP said:
They are dropshippers, not retailers - you pay the agent in the UK and the goods are then shipped from HK

SimplyElectronics Limited
Unit 7, 8th floor
682 Castle Peak Road
Kowloon, kowloon HONG KONG

-----

I've had a ND8 from them - arrived next day no problems.

i have since bought a lens from them and the robbing ******s stole money by taking payment twice , they said they would refund but diddnt....... luckly visa refunded after a dispute took 6-7 weeks AVOID AT ALL COSTS use google to streetmap the address - some private house !

-----

had 2 lenses from them and arrived within a few days

-----

I would never deal with them again. I just like you thought it was in stock because it said so, but reality was that they took my money and held it for a while before letting me know they never had the item in stock at all and search the forums for many others like me.. Several mails to them then others threatening action ended up getting my money returned.Stay well clear if you can.

-----

Had loads of problems getting a Tamron 28-75mm Nikon fit. Waited two weeks for delivery. Wouldn't use again. Rob

-----

many other popular forums reports issues with simplyelectronics

-----

Bought an SB 600 flash from them, grey import as there was no UK gtee, but then it was £156 delivered against £220 elswhere. I've seen lots of moans about them but it mainly boils down to slow delivery, I've not seen anyone who has actually lost money with these guys, seems you have to wait for delivery in return for low prices. You pays your money and takes yer choice!

-----

SImply Electronics Feedback: I read the less than impressive feedback on this trader which seemed to suggest that if you weren't in a rush you could probably pick up a good deal as their prices were as low as anyone - I also saw that it was a good idea to buy items that were 'In Stock' as their source seemed to be HK (from where I've bought several times direct so not a problem) - Well I wasn't in a rush and saw a great price on a wide angle lens which was also shown 'In Stock' - I ordered the lens (just over £300) paying by Debit Card on 30th January '09 - I tried to select 'Next Day Delivery' but wasn't able to (?) - After four days of hearing nothing I emailed them & asked when I could expect delivery - 3 to 8 days was the norm I was told - Still heard nothing after 8 days so I emailed them again & was advised there was a slight delay due to 'high demand' for equipment (?) - I sent a few more emails over the next few days & was spun the usual waffle about how important my order was and how the lens would be sent out asap etc - After 16 days of waiting & more broken promises I decided to cancel the order & asked for a refund - They emailed me & offered me a 'Free Gift' not to cancel the order (lens cleaning kit probably worth diddly squat) - I declined their kind offer & asked when I could expect my refund - A few days I was told but received no refund after 2,4,6,8,10 days (during which time I emailed them & received back the same waffle about how sorry they were & my refund would be done 'soon') - Finally on 1st March '09 my refund arrived! (maybe the interest on my money in their bank account is only accrued after a month!)
Well done to anyone who manages to get a bargain from these people - I won't be going near them in the future ... Paul
nono.gif

-----

before they changed there postal address to a virtual company address this was simplyelectronics ......

s.JPG

-----

just cancelled an order i placed with them....its taking AGES. id never buy from them again....still waiting for my refund at the mo.

Etc.

Thread started in February 2009 and updated as recently as today at 5pm. Opinions have stayed fairly consistent, seems to be the luck of the draw.

VW ....
lol @ previous address .

Really surprised we are talking about the same company ?

Company address supplied to myself was :

Simply Electronics Limited
The Innovation Centre
St Cross Business Park, Monks Brook
Newport
ISLE OF WIGHT
PO30 5WB

Ordered a Nikon D3000 kit on 8th October ,received 10th October ,communication updates e.g order confirmation & despatch along the way .

Personally ,would never use a debit card for any online transaction ,just incase .

Strange .

Simply electronics have a warehouse based in Isle of Whight that sticks a lot of there goods (which are imported from HK) and if they dont have it in stock you will get it sent from HK.

I had a nightmare getting a refund from them, also camerabox sell a lot of imports too.

Ian Kerso, he isn't a store as such but a very trusted importer who uses the Photography-on-the.net forums.

He does have an eBay store, http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/FLASH-CAMERA but its cheaper to go outside of eBay. His rates might not be as good at the moment with the change in interest rates but I've got 4 lenses from him.

You basically get import prices with UK warranty, I know this because I've had warranty work carried out.

Stick Kerso into google, you'll find he sells on many forums with great feedback.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Ian Kerso, he isn't a store as such but a very trusted importer who uses the Photography-on-the.net forums.

He does have an eBay store, http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/FLASH-CAMERA but its cheaper to go outside of eBay. His rates might not be as good at the moment with the change in interest rates but I've got 4 lenses from him.

You basically get import prices with UK warranty, I know this because I've had warranty work carried out.

Stick Kerso into google, you'll find he sells on many forums with great feedback.

Forgot to mention him. He's the first place I go to when I want something new, his prices are excellent. Just bought a few things from him recently and still beat all retailers on camerapricebuster by a big margin.

As Pete says, get him through Talk Photography or somewhere, as his prices are cheaper than on eBay due to them taking a cut.