ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote Central Locking?

Clio 1.2 MkII Ph1
Hey, guys.

I'm a newbie to the whole car scene, as I've mentioned in one of my other posts, and I hope I'm not spamming the forums with my questions! This one's a bit of a dumb-moment one. My Clio (1998 MkII, PH1) has no onboard computer (whether that's got any bearing on the situation or not, I don't know, but I've seen many Clios of the same year with the computer built in to them). It does, however, have the centre-console lock/unlock switch. When I get in the car, I have to unlock the driver's side door, then unlock all the other doors using the unlock switch located on the console. Much the same when I leave the vehicle, I have to lock all the other doors using the central unlocking switch, then lock the driver's side door when I get out.

I have this key:
20131107_192205[1].jpg
20131107_192233[1].jpg
20131107_193030[1].jpg

I've put two batteries in as shown, positive terminals upward-facing, but the light doesn't seem to be illuminated, and neither does it seem to be working on my car with regards to unlocking it. I'd firstly like to know, am I barking up the wrong tree here? Does my car actually have remote central locking, and is this the key's batteries' purpose? I'm going to feel rather embarrassed if it turns out to be just a key that has a light on it, and doesn't have RCL, haha!

Also, in any case, how can I unlock the car without having the use the central unlocking switch on the inside?

Thanks for any help :).

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
yes its a key for remote central locking. sounds like its lost its code or a faulty key.