ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote display anyone got one

Ive got an interface on order to link my sony head unit with the remote and the display in the dash. Has anyone else got one? if so what does it actually show on the display and do all the buttons on the remote still work?

Still not had it fitted yet! its still on order. So the remote and display are a big redundent at the mo but the head unit looks quality!

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Ive got a Sony CDX-M730 I bought of eBay from the US. I also got the stalk/remote diplay (DRNS002) from Connects2UK. Display works fine with the head unit because of the Sony Bus-System, but the stalk doesnt. Its because my Sony head unit doesnt have the 3.5mm input jack for the Sony Wired-Remote. So make sure your head unit does have this.

By the way, does anyone in Europe have the Sony CDX-M730? If so, can you tell me if yours does or does not have the 3.5mm input jack. Connect2Uk claim that all Sony head units do have it, but I think theyre Bull Sh!tting me. =/

Ive got a MDX-C7900R and its over 2 years old and has the input jack for remote (guess all jacks are the same?) but Im guessing the R bit in the model number at the end means its got it or comes with the sony remote (which I also have).

Sorry, B8, did you install it yourself? If so did you have to take the dash out to install the Connect2UK lead to the display like you have to with the Autoleads one?

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Tony, the connects2 adapter has 4 main cables;

1. Bus Connection which connects to the back of the Sony HU, where the CD Changer cable connects.
2. 3.5mm Jack Output for the steering remote to function connects to the Jack Input of Sony HUs which are compatible with Sony Wired Remote.
3. Turn-On cable which hooks up to the HU Amp remote out.

And

4. Display Input which hooks up to yellow plastic terminal. (Standard cable on your Clio)

Hardest thing is fitting the Connects2 unit in the dash cos its really tight.

Hope this helps.

Brian.

Just one question - what is the bus connector for that connects to the CD changer cable? Does this mean i can keep the alpine cd changer in the car? I have a sony CD changer that I will use if I cant use the factory one?
Also, where did you get it from and are there any websites for it?
Sorry for all the questions but I want my MD in my car ASAP but dont want to lose the display or remote.