ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Clio 182 FF - Getting steering wheel controls to work with aftermarket Sony Stereo

C63 PPP Estate
I've got an Autoleads ControlPro 2 CP2-REN21 to try and get the steering controls to work with the stereo. Nothing.

I've got the little display in the middle of the dash showing temp and time bunched up on one side of the display; I'm assuming that when the car had its original stereo this would also have been the display for the radio, so I've wired the ControlPro up for external display.

The Control Pro box powers up, but it's not registering any button press on the steering stalk. Has anyone used this Control Interface? What dipswitch settings and wiring set-up did you use?

Cheers.

Attachments

• tempImagegbjFLE.png
    tempImagegbjFLE.png
    13.8 MB · Views: 58

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
I have a similar interface, the manual said that each stereo manufacturer had a different plug in setup. Some only need a 3.5 jack, some had a set 1 and set 2 key. Excuse my English I'm probably not very clear, did you read the manual? Also mine says "RENAULT" next to the time and temp where the radio text would be

C63 PPP Estate
I have a similar interface, the manual said that each stereo manufacturer had a different plug in setup. Some only need a 3.5 jack, some had a set 1 and set 2 key. Excuse my English I'm probably not very clear, did you read the manual? Also mine says "RENAULT" next to the time and temp where the radio text would be
Ye read the manual. I have a suspicion there’s something wrong with the steering controller. Not sure if it’s common for the stalk to fail?
There’s a light on my adapter that is meant to blink when you interact with the steering wheel stalk to show that it’s getting a signal, but nothing is flashing 😞

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Never heard of a failing stalk, don't think they're very expensive tho.

I have a connects2 interface. Worked flawlessly with my Pioneer stereo and works perfectly with my android touch screen stereo now.

C63 PPP Estate

I have a connects2 interface. Worked flawlessly with my Pioneer stereo and works perfectly with my android touch screen stereo now.
I’ve bought another stalk just in case; £6, worth a try.

C63 PPP Estate
One thing I don’t know - because the car already had the Sony unit in it - is if the original stereo was Update List or Tuner wossname. Any way of finding out? It’s a 2005 182 CC

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I think the update list is canbus and tuner list isn't, not sure what that means in terms of wiring? Yours is more likely to be an update list being an 05, but there's a chance it sat around for a while before being registered.

C63 PPP Estate
Still can’t get the Connects 2 to work: wondering now i

was there anything special you needed to do when plugging it all in? Wondering if there’s something up with my Sony stereo. It was in the car when I got it.

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Still can’t get the Connects 2 to work: wondering now i

was there anything special you needed to do when plugging it all in? Wondering if there’s something up with my Sony stereo. It was in the car when I got it.
I'm French so I'm having a hard time making myself clear here but basically there was a piece of wiring loom that plugged from the car to the interface, then back to the stereo. Then, each stereo has its own specific plug. Mine was only a plug that looked like a 3.5 jack and the loom included with the interface. The instructions mentioned many different makes of stereos and their specific plugs. I went from a pioneer to an Alpine and had to cut a wire for the Alpine, then I bought an android touchscreen and had to solder the cable I'd cut back and there where two male plug in wires labeled Key1 and Key2 that went to female plugs with the same label. I'll try to link the instructions