ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removed Accoustic Valve but....

RB 182
..... I've just been checking my tyre pressures and heard a hissing noise from the front N/S wheel. At first I thought it was a punctured tyre but that was OK. I remember taking a small black pipe off the accoustic valve that lead to the engine just near to the throttle body and am thinking this could be the source of the hissing noise. Do I need to block this up or just leave it as is?

clio sport 182
that will be the problem,suprised you havent noticed that the engine revs a lil more on tick over

182 Clio,IbizaCupra
not a problem for me..
do you have a paypal account I could send some ££ to you?
thanks
bill

clio sport 182
i think as well ecu's are in sum way self learning if u like,so i high idle will sort its self out ofter a while,just like when you add an induction kit after a few hundred miles the ecu learns a lil bit

BMW M135i
i think as well ecu's are in sum way self learning if u like,so i high idle will sort its self out ofter a while,just like when you add an induction kit after a few hundred miles the ecu learns a lil bit
Can't do that as the leak is after the throttle body, it'll effect the MAP reading and idle high no matter what.

182 Clio,IbizaCupra
Badger what you planning on doing with the clio as i remember didnt you have the 1.8t lupo aswell?

Clio of mine has gone.. It was only mine for a month as a means to sell on another car so I took it in part-ex. Now got myself back into the big audi's I love. (audi S6, V8)

I am after the accoustic valve for a supercharger build on a mk3 Gti golf.. to quieten it down.

Lupo 1.8t is fine.. and MrsB loves her car.

nice one, Shame you dont have a clio anymore i bet you would have given alot to the forum.

I love your misses's car, i had the picture with the glowing discs on a track as my wallpaper ages ago.

clio sport 182
the acoustic valve i believe quietens the induction noise as revs are increased (apparently)although i noticed no difference on mine