ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removeing front door panel

Clio Sport 172

hi my front window clicks when it gets to the top i removed the rubber and theres this circle shape thing (really tiny) at the bottem that is hitting the glass wen it gets to the top so need to no how to get in to the door panel

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

pull of door mirror interior trim

unclip inner upper door frame trim

unclip speaker grill using a screwdriver and remove the speaker by unscrewing 4 twenty torx screws.

remove the torx screws from behind the speaker.

undo the 30 torx screw in the centre of the interior door handle.pull out the handle and unclip the cable.

remove the 20 torx screw in the centre grab handle/pocket(the screw may be covered by a plastic plug).pull out the pocket and disconnect all the switches.

remove the 3 twenty torx screws along the bottem of the door panel.

remove the door panel by pulling of the panel starting in the left hand bottem corner.the panels are sealed/glued so they take some pulling to get them off.there is also clips but its the sealer that really holds them on.

Clio 172 Ph2

Now thats the kinda detail Im after!

Fancy repeating it for a Mk2 172 but for the rear panel and not the front? :)

Mondeo STTDCI

Rear panel HARD.

I started off splitting the seats, then undoing the bolts to get them ALL out bottom and back. Then undo the bolt where the seat bolts for the front goes and start pulling trim from there from memory.

I gave up in the end and sound proofed with difficulty by reaching through a 8inch gap!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

remove the rear seat base.tilt it up from the back and unhook it from the front.

remove the seat belt bolt at the bottem of the b pillar.unhook and remove the metal bar.

remove the door seal.

carefully unclip the trim from underneath the upper b pillar trim.

pull the trim out to release it from its clips and unhook it from the boot side trim.this would be easier if you unbolt/remove the rear seat back but with a little of wriggling the trim will come out if you cant be bothered to remove the seat back like me.

Clio 172 Ph2

Cheers :D

I need it off so the guy whos doing some spraying on my car can get to the lower part of that rear panel - i.e. under the bump strip trim thingy.

I take it once that panel is off, removing the rear part of the bump strip trim is easier? I can see how the front one comes off after taking that black plug out and unhooking it but the rear part doesnt seem to want to budge!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by RB_172 on 12 February 2004

Cheers :D

I need it off so the guy whos doing some spraying on my car can get to the lower part of that rear panel - i.e. under the bump strip trim thingy.

I take it once that panel is off, removing the rear part of the bump strip trim is easier? I can see how the front one comes off after taking that black plug out and unhooking it but the rear part doesnt seem to want to budge!

normally a good bang/shove towards the front of the vehicle will release the trim from its clips.it slides so far and then you pull it off.