ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing a 'Group N remap' and other options?

182 FF, A6 Avant
So, when I bought my 182, I found a receipt for a KTec Group N remap/ecu. I'm assuming this is correct as the limiter is up in the 7's now.

I'm curious to have a play around with an RS Tuner but am I able to just plug one into my car as it is, or do I need to do something to remove the current ECU?

Could I even try and sell on the ECU and use another?

(Apologies if these seem retarded questions... It's not an area I've played around with before!)

Ahh ok, you need an RS tuner + an unlock code if its locked to a car. Then you can just plug it in, see what the map is and overwrite it. IMO the only point putting on an RS tuner map is to smooth out the idle slightly, i have one on my other clio and the idle appears to have been raised a little compared to my stock one.

It's not a custom map, it's a generic thing.

182 FF, A6 Avant
I guess my question is more on if it's physically possible with the ECu that's in my car as it stands?

i.e. Will the original ECU have been flashed when the N map was purchased, or will the ECu have been physically swapped?