ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing acoustic valve - sealing vacuum hose

R35 GTR
I dont think the vacuum hose thing to the valve was blocked up when it was removed, will this have any effect on the car?

R35 GTR
dont know, I think it is one of the hoses coming out of the plenum, but I'm probably wrong.

I guess it should be sealed as air may be sucked into engine unfiltered?

:S

RS Clio 200
forgot to mention... its easier to pull that tube out and stick a little rubber cover the nipple it connects to.

R35 GTR
from what has been said, i am sure it is the rubber hose coming out of the plenum. follow that down and you should find the end.

Where is edde when you need him....?

RS Clio 200
This is where the tube goes to:
147.jpg

And this is what i have done (was supplied with the maxogen but any little rubber cap will work):
149.jpg

few more pics here http://www.sjgs.co.uk/gallery/photos.php?album=30
and here http://www.sjgs.co.uk/gallery/photos.php?album=28

Maz

LY 200
Hmmm I dont think I have one of those .. where can I get one or something similar please ??

Sorry for taking over your thread Dave .. :)

RS Clio 200
erm, even somewhere like maplin might have something to fit the bill.
b&q maybe...

stick one of them out and take the tubing out and ure sorted. Looks neater too

full fat 182 cup packs
when i was taking my one out i un pluged mine under the wheel arch is that the right thing to do :star:

RS Clio 200
when i was taking my one out i un pluged mine under the wheel arch is that the right thing to do :star:

yeh it unplugs from the acoustic valve. it then runs up with the air feed, round the back of the air box and into the plenum by the throttle body.

You can either just plug it and tape it up down in the wheel arch, making sure u cable tie it to something so it doesnt rattle LOL.... or you can unplug it from the plenum also, and remove it completely, and place a cap over the nipple.

RS Clio 200
yeh i unplugs from the acoustic valve. but where then runs up with the air feed, round the back of the air box and into the plenum that bit is still on my one should i take that bit off to and plug it

Personal choice mate. If you can get hold of a little rubber cap then go for it.. Personally i think it looks much neater with the tube removed.

R35 GTR
I think that it down to renault.lol.

Seriously though, I am worried about long term damage due to unfiltered air going through engine.

Maz

LY 200
All I know is I have two parts that were removed from my car .. I dont have the viper anymore so no need for the air feed tbh .. do you think it would be best to get it put back in ??

R35 GTR
I dont think the vacuum hose thing to the valve was blocked up when it was removed, will this have any effect on the car?

is this just for a induction kit? just wondred why you would remove it. cheers
the acoustic valve is only open above a certain rev range or something or other. Most people remove them as they argue it cant do any harm, but I am wondering if it could???

I remove my entire air box and all the feeds and this valve for my viper.

VRS
the acoustic valve was only put in because reno have to meet the crappy emmisions laws! its only purpose it to restrict airflow with the butterfly valve by not fully opening at certain speeds

get rid of it it only slows you down :D

VRS
iirc the breather pipe just allows the valve to adjust by analysing the air in the plenium therefore if there is no acoustic valve then the breather is not needed

VRS
So stick a screw in the hole and its sorted ?? lol

pretty much yeah! all you need to do is plug the hole as its no longer required! when you put the acoustic valve back in eg. for selling, just unplug it and hook up a new pipe to the acoustic valve :D

Maz

LY 200
Cool thanks I will have a look tomorrow .. :)

Thats me sorted, what about you Dave ?? happy or still worried ?? lol

R35 GTR
worried still, the fact that air is flowing over the internal wall of the plenum will cause the pressure to drop in the hose that is usually attached there, hence the name vacuum hose.

If their is air entering this hole, without being filtered, yep I am still worried.

Even worse still as the hose is left near the wheel and water can get in their, any amount of crap has chance to go up the pipe.

Ah well, s**t happens!

VRS
worried still, the fact that air is flowing over the internal wall of the plenum will cause the pressure to drop in the hose that is usually attached there, hence the name vacuum hose.

If their is air entering this hole, without being filtered, yep I am still worried.

Even worse still as the hose is left near the wheel and water can get in their, any amount of crap has chance to go up the pipe.

Ah well, s**t happens!

pull it off and plug the hole dude :D

R35 GTR

Ah well, s**t happens!

pull it off and plug the hole dude :D

yo! Will do.:rasp:

But now I have a whole new dilemma, where can i get a plug in red, to match my colour coding.lol.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
got viper on my Mk1 RS 172 and using the standart inlet elbow, Do I have to plug that hole as well, I thought it needs to be connected to a breather filter or to the hole on the inlet elbow.

Clio 172 mk2
I'd be inclined to leave the pipe in situ, put a nail in the end and tape up to stop dirt getting in and then zip tie the thing to the chassis somewhere....It'll look standard then from the outside.

Does anyone know if you can uplug the hosing to the airbox at the valve end and leave it in place by the wheelarch....I don't want to hve to buy more piping.