ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing badges

can someone explain how i remove the front and rear renault badges and also the 2.0l badges from the sides of a mk2 172.

many thanks

russ

Civic Type-R
The 2.0l badges have clips on them, you have to take off the bumpstrip by sliding it towards the back of the car and then unclip the badge once its off. Just 3 clips its very easy. Not sure about the other badges :)

www.renparts.co.uk
2 screws on front badge...off hand i dunno wether you can access without taking bumper off. Bumper off is a 10 min job anyways so...

Chocolate Bar™
^ both wrong.

side badges will pull off WITHOUT removing the bump strips - just literally pull them off.

the silver 'diamond' will pull off the plastic backing, as its attached with typical plastic push-fit clips - so bumper doesnt need removing, or any screws touching.

rear badge, needs the door cover removed, and then unscrewing from the inside.

www.renparts.co.uk
pulling the side badges off without removing the bump strips will usually cause the frontal clip to snap. I know this becuase thats what my paint guy did when he colour coded them, the cunnok.

Da

Less
middo is correct, i've done both many times and am yet to cause any damage.
Although the rear 'diamond' is a pain cos it's linked to the boot lock/push button thingie that has to be removed also.