ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing EVAP (fuel vapour system) Clio 182 Help

SpeckUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi,

I'm looking to remove my EVAP (fuel vapour system) from my Clio 182 just wondering if there is a written guide anywhere or if anyone would know what parts i would need to remove this safely? as this was a nice surprise to find when trying to fit my brake ducts :confused:

Cheers

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I unplugged the sensory bit and cable tied that up and out the way. I removed the box bit and removed the pipes. There’s a join on the way to the fuel tank not much behind the subframe. I unplugged the pipe, popped a suitably sized bolt in the hole and just left it.

There may be a less pikey way but it’s worked a great 👍

The horn will probably be in the way on the other side too

SpeckUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I unplugged the sensory bit and cable tied that up and out the way. I removed the box bit and removed the pipes. There’s a join on the way to the fuel tank not much behind the subframe. I unplugged the pipe, popped a suitably sized bolt in the hole and just left it.

There may be a less pikey way but it’s worked a great 👍

The horn will probably be in the way on the other side too
yeah this was what i was thinking but didn't like the idea of just bunging the line up as the pressure will just build up in the tank

horns rusted to bits so that will be replaced! shocked it still works xD

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
I got fuel vent for the tanks on dirt bikes off ebay. Its a one way vale and fits the hose perfectly.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I got fuel vent for the tanks on dirt bikes off ebay. Its a one way vale and fits the hose perfectly.
You actually want to be using 2 way valves but they're not as common. Dont know if anyones ever had damage done with a 1 way tbf