ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing front bumper

ok trying to get the bottom rad pipe of the valver, it has one of those gittish clips that you have to get off with mole grips.

Jacked it up and not room enough to get the moles into position so have to take off the front bumper/spoiler.

Bottom nuts undone no problem, now the manual says to get the bumper off...pull the bumper to the side and undo the security lug things.

Played around with these but cant get them to budge, please help if you know how these work as my car is about to be covered with spanner shaped dents.

My Max Power Clio haynes says:

The first things to go are, There are 2 push-in plastic clips, holding the wheel arch liners

Now theres a small screw (Torx) at the bottom edge of the bumper

And a nut underneath :confused: i couldnt find this but it must be a diff Mk!

Then the wheel arch liner will come out!

All thats left holding the bumper on is a bolt inside the wheel arch and one more in the starting handle hole at the front!

The ends of the bumper are pegged into the front wings either side - flex the bumper outwards slightly to disengage the ends, then lower it on to the floor!

Hope this helps

smokey

thanks mate but its the peggs as you call them that are causing me the problem, wont budge for love nor money and I dont want to snap them off.

Will have another go today anyway.