ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Gear Gaiter

Have bought a new gaiter for my Mk3 Clio. Just wondering how to remove the old one as i cant work out how to get it off apart from destroying it of course :)

Laguna

There are I think clips that hold it in place around the bottom of the gaiter, think you need to pull the one nearest the window first then pull up, to be honest if you manage it without braking one of the clips you have done well mate. Its not easy I talk from experiance, I had to make a new fitting from some spare metal in the garage, but its better fitted than ever now lol.

Ive just done this on my wifes 2002 clio......

You pull up the bit of the gaiter nearest the ashtray which will unclip, you can then pull the whole gaiter up inside out and cut the cable tie that holds it on then slip it off. THen put the new one on in reverse.

Dead easy and it tool all of 30 seconds to fit.

Laguna

Had no cable tie on mine, just clips on the inside that you can get too once pulling it forward like Rocko is saying.

The cable tie is what holds the top of the gaiter to the lift up reverse ring - I replaced the whole thing

GR7

Shiny red R32

While you are on the subjest - mine has lifted off the base or whatever you call it and I have stuck it back down with bluetack for now!!

Do I have to get a new one guys?

The replacement one for my wifes eas only £6 from my dealer (actually they gave it to me for free as they forgot to order it and it took a couple of weeks to arrive)

I think the leather one for the 172s are a bit more but not much.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

well i riped off most of the stuff on my car like that and it didnt damage anthing so im guessing it should be ok