ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Interior Plastic Scratches/Scuffs?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hi Guys,
Is there any product that can remove scuffs from the interior plastic? When removing my head unit i slipped and scratched/scuffed the side plastic. Any ways i can get rid of it?
Thanks for any help
John

106 GTi
I don't know of any product they will allow remove scratches from textured interior platics. Try a good interior dressing to see if it covers up the scuffs.

Mito Sportiva 135
Try using a solvent based product on a bit of cloth. Make sure you clean off the product after though as some CAN lead to slight dmage to the plastic, although this is rare. Try using vinegar at first, working up to a bit of nail varnish. I used to have these wipes made by a firm called Swarfega i think they were called, like magic wipes for cars!:cool:

Punto/Clio GTT
when i worked at carcraft, we had like this interior repair kit, prepped it like normal then mixed the paint to match. im sure youd find someone in the yellow pages or maybe try foning dent devils and ask to recommend an interior repairer

106 GTi
Chipsaway did a good job on my neighbours R32. Thing is if John is in Dubai, do they have that option out there?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hi Rich,
We've got a dentmaster here which is a top quality company. I'll try the vinegar etc first. I've got some cleaning wipes which have a little abbrasion on them which might do the trick. Will let you know how it goes.
John

R35 GTR
I just tried the vinegar on my dash centre plastic bit for the sat nav screen.

Washed it off in the sink afterwards with soap and water and it seems to be working quite well.

:D good info.

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Ive read somewhere tar spot remover will do it. Never tried it myself worth a go.