ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing perished rubber?

Clio 172
Hi all
Just started to replace my old rear exhaust bracket and managed to get the old one off fine, but the old rubber seems to have welded itself to the mount on the exhaust. Short of spending hours hacking at it does anyone have any tips on how I could remove the old rubber.
Thanks guys

James

Clio 172
Hi
Thanks for the reply. This is the replacment unit I have but my problem is that the rubber from the old bracket is stuck to the mount on the exhaust forcing me to cut it off. Now I cant fit the new bracket, as the mount on the exhaust cannot pass through the hole on the new exhaust bracket as it still has bits of the old rubber stuck to it. Ill try and get some pics in a bit to explain better.
Cheers

Clio 172
Sorry to waste your time but its all sorted now.
Complete stupidity on my part im afraid!!
Oh well you live and learn.

Cheers

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol still post up the pics so we can have a chuckle? There is a screw on the end of the exhaust part of the mount?

Clio 172
Yeah you got it in one mate I was in such a rush to get it done & thinking it was a 5 minute job I totaly forgot about the screw!.:S
No pics though cos after spending almost 2 hours getting the thing off I threw it the hedges behind my house in frustration.:mad:
Any cheers for you help mate.