ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing polish from plastic

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Used autoglym polish and it got on my wing mirror covers, really annoying and cant seem to get it off.

Any ideas on how to remove ?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've not found a good way of removing....Some people say linsead oil, others say a rubber...I use MER plastic cleaner. Works well.

Nippy white cup
I used the pale blue autoglym stuff (bumper gel I think) on my matt bump strips and they came up a treat...not sure if it would do it on that area tho

Chris

106 GTi
AG Bumper Care will mask the marks.

To remove:

Meguiars APC or Einszett Plastic Cleaner and agitate with a toothbrush.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
ive been told if you use a little of more of what you go on it wth a tooth brush and scrubit and they use a cleaner to wipe off,

A well built VW
Magic Erasers from JML Direct

Wet them and rub and the marks just disappear ready for something to go on top

106 GTi
4:1 Worked for me, took some agitating with a brush but it removed it after some scrubbing.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
nae joy for me! only got some on the Aerial bit...Previous owners efforts with Turtle wax no doubt!

A normal rubber works brilliantly.

Only know that after a couple of muppets got polish on my plastic trim when they detailed my Ibiza ;)

Shed.
AG Bumper Care will mask the marks.

To remove:

Meguiars APC or Einszett Plastic Cleaner and agitate with a toothbrush.

i use the autoglym bumper care and with some hard rubbing it can mask some very nasty polish marks.

Might try the apc tbh.