ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Rear Seats - Bolts Under Car

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
I'm planning on removing the rear seats this weekend (hopefully Saturday if the weather is kind) and I've read that some of the bolts that hold the seats in run through the floor of the car and corrode on the outside.

Does anyone have a quick photo by chance of where the bolts are located underneath so I can go straight in and give them a good blast of WD40? It might save me a good period of time trying to look for them.

Is there a basic step-by-step to removing them as people seem to have mixed experiences with rounding bolts off 😞

Thanks in advance guys.

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
Unfortunately I haven't got one otherwise I guess it would have been a piece of cake. I'll have to be WD40 and elbow grease for me 😞

Isofix bar usually causes the issue I think, 17mm bolts so shouldn't think you will be rounding them!

The others from memory one is 17mm and one is a round torx head which doesnt need to undo much as the seat bracket just uses it as a locator. So as long as it does half a turn it should be all good, could always use mole grips once the seats are out if you got stuck.

Just crack on and don't think too much ;)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Forgive my ignorance, but you don't have to go under the car to remove the rear seats?

There are 3 carrier bolts either side that always gives people issues but thats to remove the rear beam. Really not sure what you're talking about with these bolts matey!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Forgive my ignorance, but you don't have to go under the car to remove the rear seats?

There are 3 carrier bolts either side that always gives people issues but thats to remove the rear beam. Really not sure what you're talking about with these bolts matey!

He means the bolts go through the body and are exposed to the elements underneath the car, so he wanted to spray with WD first.

Not really needed though, if they're tight just stick the 17mm socket on a breaker bar.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
He means the bolts go through the body and are exposed to the elements underneath the car, so he wanted to spray with WD first.

Not really needed though, if they're tight just stick the 17mm socket on a breaker bar.
I know mate yeah but why does he need to touch these when they're nothing to do with the rear seats?

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
@JamesBryan got it spot on. I'll just go for a big bar and see how I get on.

I've not done it yet though @Chris_Beer , the weather put pay to that as it was a total wash out for most of the day. Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow although I've got a few other bits and pieces to do. I really need them done though as I'll hopefully be picking up some new front seats next weekend so could do with the room.