ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing rear wiper

172 CUP
hi everyone, i know you lot are gonna think im useless with cars after this lol. was just wondering if someone could tell me how i remove my rear wiper, I have a 1998 mk2 clio, i know that i then need to get a grommit after to lock the hole

cheers
biggrin.gif

Clio 182 BG
1. take off the wiper itself, maybe you have to go to a garage because you need some kind of "puller" to remove it.

2. remove the inner plastic cover
3. unplug the wiper engine
4. make sure you fasten the cable proberbly so they can not rattle later
5. remove the big nut outside and the nuts from the wiper engine
6. get all out

then you have a hole, i put tape on both sides to seal it.

maybe look for a ragnotti cover or something else

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
cough up £10 and join cliosport, theres a great guide thatll have it off in minutes!

172 CUP
cheers for that jack, managed to get it off no probs, but now i got the big motor thing sticking out lol. Does anyone know how i get the rotor off so i can then take the rotor pin out to make it look flat? whenever i go to undo the bolts it just doesnt want to come off, anyone got a clue?

Cheers

Monaco
i did mine by your guide jack

work ok?

cheers for that jack, managed to get it off no probs, but now i got the big motor thing sticking out lol. Does anyone know how i get the rotor off so i can then take the rotor pin out to make it look flat? whenever i go to undo the bolts it just doesnt want to come off, anyone got a clue?

Cheers

open your boot. it's one torque screw to remove the inner plastic and 3 bolts to remove the motor. simples

172 CUP
its all good done it now jack =D i had taken the plastic off, but when it came to removing the screws on the motor they would just spin, so in the end i just ripped it out lol, didnt damage anything so its all good haha

Monaco
its all good done it now jack =D i had taken the plastic off, but when it came to removing the screws on the motor they would just spin, so in the end i just ripped it out lol, didnt damage anything so its all good haha

good effort! gotta love a good bodge

Inferno 182
Tried using jacks technique, all that happens is the bolt comes off but the arm is still there :/ how do I get it off?!

Inferno 182
Any ways of doing it without damaging it? Will be putting the car back to standard when I sell it