ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Spare wheel cage thing!

Has any1 removed this from there clio 16v? I aint got a spare wheel as i removed it to save weight and i have 17s anyway. Thing is from the back you can still see the cage that the spare used to sit in. Is it possible to remove this. I dont want to cut it out or anything. I was just wondering if it can be removed and refitted at nother date.

The one on my Pug 205 was just held in by 2 clips and the screw through from the boot. I would be very suprised if u need any special tools.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

yep, its easy to remove, it kind of unclips from the hinges at the back. You might have to wiggle it about to free the dirt and crap thatll be holding it on.

Is it illegal to drive without a spair wheel?

Or is it illegal to drive with a flat spair wheel!?

I know one of thew statements is true! Just canni remember which one!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by papa? on 02 April 2003

The one on my Pug 205 was just held in by 2 clips and the screw through from the boot. I would be very suprised if u need any special tools.
LOL, the one on my 205 GTi literally fell off as I was driving home from work, but there was no spare in it at the time so that might of explained it.

Not illegal to drive without a spare as long as you have a can of get you home foam or other suplimetary way of getting you moving again.

In fact the Mini Cooper S doesnt have a spare and neither I believe does the Cup.

Nevermind illegal, driving without any form of spare would be silly wouldnt it!

MB

yeah, it comes off fine, just drop it down and unhook it, i also removed the lowering bit indide the boot and covered over the hole

the law doesnt require u to have a spare wheel, u dont need any foam or suchlike either, this is not a legal requirement.

however if u do chose to carry a spare wheel it must be 100% road legal or it will carry a fine and upto 3 points just the same as if u have a bald drivin tyre

strange but tru

Cs_Matt is correct. You dont need either a spare or foam. But if you do have a spare it has to be legal. Its the first thing that i remove when i get a new car.

Another stupid law.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

booo i got a flat with no spare or nothin other week. was gonna get aa out but luckily my mate was near. why didnt i get the tyre weld when i was looking at it in halfords the day before . doh

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Quote: Originally posted by Jas on 02 April 2003

yep, its easy to remove, it kind of unclips from the hinges at the back. You might have to wiggle it about to free the dirt and crap thatll be holding it on.
Is it another example of Reno excellance then? ;)

Audi S3

Quote: Originally posted by funkimic on 02 April 2003

AA charge yer £50 call out if you got no spare. :)
Ah well ill just get my dad to pay for that like he did the membership! lol

clio 20v

willys are lighter dont know exactly wot is differant but stuff like sunroof, door speakers, side impact bars are missing from willys

adi

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

The spare wheel cage BTW will come out with force but ur left with the problem off the catch for it which lowers the cage rattling about underneath, & due to its design u have to hack saw it off to prevent the fu*kin annoying noise!

I decided it wasnt worth it any road so left it. :cool: