ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing stickers/decals?

?
The car has some decals / stickers on the rear windscreen i would like to remove, I didnt put them there, they were there when i bought it... what would be the best way of removing these? Ones exterior/ones interior. If i remove the interior one is there any risk of damaging the heat elements?

Also, the last owner had put a rather annoying "16v" sticker on the back. Any idea how i can remove this? its on the bodywork so please advise as to what i can / cant use to remove it safely.

thanks.

106 GTi
Heat them up with a hairdryer to losen the adhesive and gently peel off. Wipe of residue left behind with Autoglym Tar and Adhesive remover.

Be aware of paint fade on external ones depending on colour.

1.2 MK2 PH2
For the 16v, petrol works, get a old cloth and dab a bit of petrol on it then rub it over the 16v sticker, this makes it easier to peel off and dosnt damage the paint work (it also gets the little sticker outline off!)

2002 Clio Sport 172
ive always heated them up as been said, then removed any residue (on glass) with nail varnish remover) becareful of the heater element as you say, but likes are its already ruined it anyway, but if you go along the line wit a lead pencil, it will restore it alittle..

Gemma

172 Cup SOLD
peel them off and get all the crap off with nail polish remover pads...it works really well, just dont let them touch the paint!