ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing stickers

clio williams n0.26
one of my side stickers on the williams is slightly faded compared to the other side, anyone have a good way of peeling/removing the sticker so i can put a new one on?
thnx

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
final abode said:
one of my side stickers on the williams is slightly faded compared to the other side, anyone have a good way of peeling/removing the sticker so i can put a new one on?
thnx

Furtiture polish mate.

DC5
Hair drier or a hot air gun. Warms the glue up underneath and makes it easier to peel off.

May leave a slight bit of glue where the outline of the sticker was. This will either polish off, or use a bit of tar and glue remover.

Punto/Clio GTT
check to see if the sticker hasnt been laquered over first, on an old car like that you may be an unfortunate one..

clio williams n0.26
nope no laquer over stickers, still on original panels paint.
previous 3 owners have been cliosport members , the cars been garagedand covered most of its life , its been pampered.
so using a hair dryer wont effect the paint?

DC5
No it should be fine. I used to remove stickers with a hot air gun at the garage I used to work at. Although all the cars were fairly new, so I do not know if it will make a difference on an older car.

Just be careful. Obviously doon't keep it blasting away on it. Only warm it up enough to get the sticker off.

Punto/Clio GTT
imagine how hot the paint gets on a red hot day n how hot the bonnet gets after a few hundred miles. really wont hurt it with a hair dryer