ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing the spare wheel?

Suzuki Ignis
Just gone to check the spare wheel as i didnt when i bought the car but cant seem to move it.

Cant lift it up far enough to pull the catch away? Is there a 'special' way of doing this or just brute force?

Was thinking that the wheel might of been put in the wrong way therefore pushing the holding frame down???

Matt

Clio 1.4 16v Billabong
Just gone to check the spare wheel as i didnt when i bought the car but cant seem to move it.

Cant lift it up far enough to pull the catch away? Is there a 'special' way of doing this or just brute force?

Was thinking that the wheel might of been put in the wrong way therefore pushing the holding frame down???

Matt

What clio is it ....... mk1, mk2?

mk1 RT
sounds like a mk1

silly question have you undone the securing bolt with the wheel brace??

the bolt is under the carpet in the boot if you dont know

Suzuki Ignis
Tiz a mk1
Doesnt matter now, got it off. Just wanted to check the standard of it and the pressure which was at 16PSI :| Put it upto 29PSI as its meant to be but let it back down in a feable attempt to put it back on.
Just cant get the b*****d bracket the catch back on now :mad:

Pure brute force i think is what is needed, cba today though so its in the boot smashing the sub up...

Dont know how your ment to do it at the side of the road in the event of a flat :S