ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing top inlet?

Car  PH2 172
I want to remove my top inlet to check the plugs and give it a clean and spray back to silver as its very grubby at the moment. How do i go about removing it and how long will it take??
 
just like to say mate its very easy indeed take your time will take less than 30 minutes you could do it in 10 if you rush but take your time dont drop no bolts .its a very easy diy .
 
There's a guide on how to remove it in the guide section mate ;)

Pretty easy to remove and it gets easier the more times you take it off, just got to be careful when undoing and tightening the bolts holding it down, doesn't take much to snap them.
 
I removed mine today, washed it in Nitromoors and thinners, left it to dry on the radiator, painted it silver, changed the plugs the leads and the coilpack and it took just over an hour. Its dead straight forward mate.
 
2 minute job.

Just don't drop your coil pack down the back of the engine, on to your hot manifold.

...so I've been told. Ahem. Carry on!
 
I removed mine today, washed it in Nitromoors and thinners, left it to dry on the radiator, painted it silver, changed the plugs the leads and the coilpack and it took just over an hour. Its dead straight forward mate.

I painted mine silver today as well.
 
I painted mine red, took me 7 months to remove and replace my plenum! (out of pure laziness though!)

Again.. Easy as mate, just be gentle on them bolts
 
I never even used to unplug anything when changing plugs, once all the bolts are undone you can move it to the side enoughto get to the plugs, though i am extremely lazy lol
 
Back
Top