ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 4+ deal thing and a few other hideous noob questions

Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S
Posted a thread on the car forum I use most (ZSOC) asking for some advice seen as a fair few people on there own 197s/1*2s and a couple of 200s. But I've been told a few of you on here might work in the trade and be able to be of more help!

Now I've had a skim through this part of the forum and found a couple of answers but it's easier for me to copy and paste my thread off ZSOC.

Now, I saw on the television, something about a 4+ offer from Renault and FINALLY it was an offer from Renault that covered their whole range of cars, including Renaultsport stuff. Now this has made me seriously consider getting one in may.

http://www.renault.co.uk/cars/model/...erdisplay.aspx

These are questions that have been covered before in a million billion separate threads but I want all the good info in one thread. And I'm a stupid idiot and need the info spoon feeding to me.

At this point, my main extras I'll want are Recaros, spoiler and anything else people recommend is really worth having?

Now, the questions:

1. Anyone know anything about this 4+ deal? Is it all as clear cut as it seems?

2. From what I can see, paying the extra grand for the normal (full fat?) version you get a few extras (including cruise control, which I'd like if possible), is it worth it?

3. Is the cup chassis worth it? I probably wouldn't do a lot of violent cornering, but I've never really had a car I want to do that kinda thing in. I'm not one to be fussed about rough rides, but is it going to be embarrassingly rough for passengers who don't understand these kind of cars?

4. Both the cup and normal models come as standard with AUX input, but how good are the standard stereos, would it be worth getting a slightly better unit off the options list or going aftermarket?

5. Will I still be able to haggle under this 4+ deal thing?

6. Just some general advice about car finance would be nice!

Hopefully haven't missed anything, and cheers in advance for people who've taken the time to answer my stupid questions!

Cheers!

Nissan 350z
Now, I saw on the television, something about a 4+ offer from Renault and FINALLY it was an offer from Renault that covered their whole range of cars, including Renaultsport stuff. Now this has made me seriously consider getting one in may.

http://www.renault.co.uk/cars/model/...erdisplay.aspx

These are questions that have been covered before in a million billion separate threads but I want all the good info in one thread. And I'm a stupid idiot and need the info spoon feeding to me.

At this point, my main extras I'll want are Recaros, spoiler and anything else people recommend is really worth having?

Now, the questions:

1. Anyone know anything about this 4+ deal? Is it all as clear cut as it seems?

2. From what I can see, paying the extra grand for the normal (full fat?) version you get a few extras (including cruise control, which I'd like if possible), is it worth it?
- Depends if you want the Cup pack (red bembos, lowered ride height, quicker steering rack etc) because this would need to be added onto the price of a FullFat where as its standard on Cups. The only FF feature i miss from my 200 Cup is auto wipers.

3. Is the cup chassis worth it? I probably wouldn't do a lot of violent cornering, but I've never really had a car I want to do that kinda thing in. I'm not one to be fussed about rough rides, but is it going to be embarrassingly rough for passengers who don't understand these kind of cars?
- Theres more to it than violent cornering. The lowered ride height and red Brembos are nice styling touches as well as just the obvious performance improvements. Coming from a 172 on Eibach Sportlines the 200 Cup is an improvement to ride quality :)

4. Both the cup and normal models come as standard with AUX input, but how good are the standard stereos, would it be worth getting a slightly better unit off the options list or going aftermarket?
- I spec'd the improved stereo with hands free bluetooth, so with it i get tweeters and USB. Its hard to tell if the improvement is from the stereo or the added speakers/tweeters. In my opinion, the USB is awesome and worth it alone.

5. Will I still be able to haggle under this 4+ deal thing?

6. Just some general advice about car finance would be nice!
- If your going for PCP avoid 4yrs deals. Can you really guarantee your personal circumstances arent going to change?

Hopefully haven't missed anything, and cheers in advance for people who've taken the time to answer my stupid questions!

Cheers!

I dont work in the trade but i do own a 200, so ive answered the bits i can comment on.

Cheers

Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S
Cheers for the reply mate! I notice you're from derby, I'll have to keep my eye out for you!

Did you go to co-op Renault or whatever they're called? Was going to pop in this friday and have a chat.

Nissan 350z
No i didnt, my only experience with Co-op Derby have been pretty poor to be honest so i avoid them. You might want to make the trip to Nottingham who have a proper Renault dealer if you dont have any luck with Derby.

I actually got mine from Crawley Down Surrey/Essex way because one of their staff posts on here (Richard1) and he sorted everything out for me and quite a few other members. So i basically got to deal with someone who knew their stuff without any of the added Salesman junk ontop then just traveled down when it was time to collect.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Regarding the 4+ deal - Yes it is as it seems pretty much. Before 1st Feb 2012 you got 3 year warranty/60k miles, which ever came first. This obviously wouldn't cover wear and tear items such as breaks etc, however if your box went for example you would be covered.

All Renault have done is extended this warranty throughout the whole range to 4 years/100k miles. Just basically means you're covered for longer.

Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S
No i didnt, my only experience with Co-op Derby have been pretty poor to be honest so i avoid them. You might want to make the trip to Nottingham who have a proper Renault dealer if you dont have any luck with Derby.

I actually got mine from Crawley Down Surrey/Essex way because one of their staff posts on here (Richard1) and he sorted everything out for me and quite a few other members. So i basically got to deal with someone who knew their stuff without any of the added Salesman junk ontop then just traveled down when it was time to collect.

Well I was gonna use the derby one as I know where it is etc, but I moved to nottingham last October so I'll give them a go, cheers for the heads up!

Regarding the 4+ deal - Yes it is as it seems pretty much. Before 1st Feb 2012 you got 3 year warranty/60k miles, which ever came first. This obviously wouldn't cover wear and tear items such as breaks etc, however if your box went for example you would be covered.

All Renault have done is extended this warranty throughout the whole range to 4 years/100k miles. Just basically means you're covered for longer.

Cheers for that! Obviously it's nice to have warranty, especially with the gearbox issues I've heard about, but obviously you take things like that with a pinch of salt.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
RUK customer services are excellent in all fairness though. I rarely read anything bad about them.

Nissan 350z
Dont you also get unlimited mileage free servicing for the first 2 years as well on the new 4+ deal? Pretty awesome if thats true i imagine fleet cars will start stocking Renaults :)