ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Bexleyheath Shaming time!

I thought id have a little moan..

On a cold morning last week, my car had problems starting, then the oil warning light. Fair enough i thought, ill top it up. Then, i opened the bonnet and thought "where the hell is the oil cap?" i checked this about a million times but gave up (i felt like a woman!:cry:) As i was in peterborough at the time i had to take it Smiths Renault (excellent service! :D) who told me that the plastic engine cover hadnt been put on, including the oil cap! You sh*ts renault bexleyheath!!

This brings serious doubt if they actually checked my car at all upon delivery. To say im annoyed is an understatement! Aftercare has been bad up and including now..and i hate to say it but the likelyness of me getting a new renault as my next car looks very slim.

rar!!!

LOL....welcome to renault ownership.

trust me, if you were in HK then service would be perfect......well, perfect as it can get.

Lol could be expensive shipping it over for servicing!

Another thing was i tried asking about the Cup, and i asked about the renault sport add ons, and the salesman didnt know anything about them, even though in the brochure it says ASK YOUR DEALER!! He didnt know anything about renaultsport full stop, and when i mentioned id got info about add ons from cliospor.net he got really confused!

Youd think car salesmen would be car enthuiasts, and at least know more than a potential buyer! I think like ford, there should be a select few of dealerships who sell the rensport models, and are specially trained to cope with people who want cars which do more than get them from A 2 B.

Anyway ill be going there lunch time to give the service dept a bollocking!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Rob

You would do better asking questions here, where there are loads of knowledgeable guys, who also know the reliable garages. Generally you are better trying to find a good local independent garage where your custom is valued and you get to talk to the mechanics who actually work on your car, rather than leaving it with a dealer service receptionist who acts as a go-between, and often they havent done half the work they charge you for!!

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 02 January 2003

Rob

You would do better asking questions here, where there are loads of knowledgeable guys, who also know the reliable garages. Generally you are better trying to find a good local independent garage where your custom is valued and you get to talk to the mechanics who actually work on your car, rather than leaving it with a dealer service receptionist who acts as a go-between, and often they havent done half the work they charge you for!!

I will bare that in mind, but its always more convinient with the amount of work i do etc. Renault franchises also have the advantage of having spare parts there and then plus building a relationship with a salesman is useful for the future. Also, having a dealer service stamps helps resale. Anyway, Ill look into though, as a backup, thanks for the advice.

Rob, i said it before and ill say it again, i doubt any of this renault sport addons come out........

Since working for Renault, i habelearnt that the factory is highly incompetent and you should blame them before the dealer..they work with what they are given, and thats not very much.....basically, wehn we had 9V6s go down in one day, they were no manuals, work shop manuals, any tech support...absically, its a deal with it yorself, so we spent days trying to figure stuff out....at great cost to US not renault......

Basically, we get late shipments all the time, wring shipments i.e. we were sent a bunch of LHD cars one....DOH!

basically, what we order has nothing to do with what we get......and for some reason, they wont let us have anything but silver 172s!!!! so a coloured one here is REALLY REALLY spesh!

Oh well, rant over....but ren people suck...well, the people in france do, and this tends to make the dealer staff not give a sh*t.....

But surely they will! :( The whole point of the cup and the whole non abs thing was that it was meant for Group N rallying, something for the owners to do if they so wish as well as a homoglation for the just released factory group N racers. If theyre not going ahead with this why are still making it??

Its a shame cos as ive said in sales terms Renault are rivals with VW but in aftersales and generally dealing with customers theyre not up to scratch. Luckily for them they have some desirable cars!

well, teh cup was and never will be the group N machine you think it is....its merely marketing....and what the new factory group N racers?

they are still making it cause people are still buying it.

teh cup is nothing more thana 172 with no leather, ABS, aircon.......thats all, dont hink they did alot of work on it, cause they didnt. They took teh same seals, and took off the leather..which canbe found in the 1.4 clios, no ABS....easy, less costs, thinner glass.....easy peasy, no aircon..throw that away....3mm lowered, increase castor by a deg or 2.........

Yes but if it was some special edition to boost figures surely they wouldnt bother with ANY mechanical changes including making the track wider?

I dont know if you have it Ben but UK owners get sent the renault magazine, in the latest edition it shows the clio N rally car on its first rally in the uk. In the cup brochure its states options like 6/10 point rollcages if you would like to go into competition yourself.

If its a marketing ploy as you say then, and somewhat takes the attraction for me off the Cup, and Renault.

there is no mechanical change, increased trac wa achieved witha decrease in offset...thats all, only need new wheels.

And yes, yesnault says alot of stuff which never happens.

BTW, which group N rally car is this?

a pic or some info...engine size etc etc.....its not the S1600 is it?

Renault Laguna Coupe

That was the S1600 I think - and it is compared / contrasted in the mag with the Clio 1.6 16v with which it shares a block & head apparently.

Thats what they say, its 220bhp i think which is the right figure..i remember nissan micras having the same! The team leader said it wasnt hard to get the power either...

the S1600 is a HEAVILY modified clio.....and i mean HEAVILY.

the rear subframe and rear suspsnsion is TOTALLY diff...far beefier.....

front struts are diff, engine is a work of art, yes 220bhp though a 60mm restrictor....etc etc blah blah

built to a cost of US$100,000 max......

hardly droup N where youhave to keep alot of std parts.