ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Car Keys,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Im about to order my a new key but....

1, Does the Key get programmed to the VIN number?

2, What if the key decided to stop working, you cant re-program them there fore, how does it lose connection?

3, been told price for a non-bleep key is about £50ish is it worth gettin the bleeper one?

Discounted 1*2 parts
1) The key gets programmed to car using immobiliser codes and the Renault 'clip' computer iirc

2) Depends on what part of the key stopped working. If the remote stopped working but the key still started the car, it is worth having it programmed. If has packed up alltogether then it cant be reprogrammed

3) The plip keys are generally around £130 but i think i would get fed up without remote locking so i would say yes it is worth paying the extra

p.s. dont forgot to take your docs to renault when ordering the key. most garages want v5, utility bill and photo id to proove ownership

hth tom