ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 1.2Tce 08

Renaultclio 3 1.2Tce
Not sure if i’m posting in the right place as i’m new to the site. I own a 2008 Clio 1.2Tce it’s a decent little car just needs more of a kick. Ive taken it to get remapped last week and it has improved but not as much as i was hoping.
Is they a factory intercooler for the turbo and if not would installing one give me the little bit extra i’m looking for. Or is they a different turbo that i can fit to make more boost. Anything else i can do to get the extra i’m looking for.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it has a factory intercooler but not a very big one, behind the grill on the drivers side.

The problem is that the factory injectors are almost maxxed out even as standard so its not a great idea remapping one on the standard injectors. If it was me i would take it back to where you got it mapped, get a refund as your not impressed and take it to EFI parts with a set of clio 182 injectors for around 130-135hp, if you add an uprated intercooler and decat then closer to 145hp

Renaultclio 3 1.2Tce
is they a racing cat or something i can put on as i don’t want it to be painfully load lol. And could i not just buy the injectors myself fit a new intercooler and take it for a custom remap somewhere more local to me

Renaultclio 3 1.2Tce
Yes it has a factory intercooler but not a very big one, behind the grill on the drivers side.

The problem is that the factory injectors are almost maxxed out even as standard so its not a great idea remapping one on the standard injectors. If it was me i would take it back to where you got it mapped, get a refund as your not impressed and take it to EFI parts with a set of clio 182 injectors for around 130-135hp, if you add an uprated intercooler and decat then closer to 145hp
is they a racing cat or something i can put on as i don’t want it to be painfully load lol. And could i not just buy the injectors myself fit a new intercooler and take it for a custom remap somewhere more local to me

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
You could, but given the bad experience of people who have done that before i would make sure you do your research and make sure the local place is clued up enough to do the job, just because "its only a Clio" or "they do stage 6 fiesta STs" I would be wary of having something custom like this done, EFI (and RS Tuning but I wasn't overly impressed with mine done by RS) have done a fair few of them, my EFI mapped one was fantastic.

There is nothing off the shelf cat wise, you will need to have something made yourself, just retain the standard exhaust as it isn't really a restriction and sort a solution for the cat. - It isn't a requirement it just helps push that last few hp!

Renaultclio 3 1.2Tce
You could, but given the bad experience of people who have done that before i would make sure you do your research and make sure the local place is clued up enough to do the job, just because "its only a Clio" or "they do stage 6 fiesta STs" I would be wary of having something custom like this done, EFI (and RS Tuning but I wasn't overly impressed with mine done by RS) have done a fair few of them, my EFI mapped one was fantastic.

There is nothing off the shelf cat wise, you will need to have something made yourself, just retain the standard exhaust as it isn't really a restriction and sort a solution for the cat. - It isn't a requirement it just helps push that last few hp!
I suppose it’s worth the travel out of my way to get it done properly. Last thing, would I not need to get a boost controller fitter for them to be able to tune that?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
And do i need the 182 fuel rail as-well or just the injectors.
182 injectors just fit onto your current rail so all good!

the turbo runs out of puff at the 145-150hp mark so on a standard turbo that's the best you will get with injectors, intercooler, air filter, decat etc

Renaultclio 3 1.2Tce
182 injectors just fit onto your current rail so all good!

the turbo runs out of puff at the 145-150hp mark so on a standard turbo that's the best you will get with injectors, intercooler, air filter, decat etc
Okay well thankyou very much for your help i’ll get in touch with EFI in the next coming weeks

Renaultclio 3 1.2Tce
Anyone able to recommend a decent aftermarket intercooler. Don’t want to buy something too big and end up with a load of lag

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone able to recommend a decent aftermarket intercooler. Don’t want to buy something too big and end up with a load of lag
don't worry about lag its not really an issue unless you fit something the size of a house radiator. I just use the universal ebay numbers, they used to be about £50, do the job just fine for these engines!