ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI 60 reg diesel help

Renault clio
Hi, I'm looking for some advice on my car. The turbo failed in December and I finally got it replaced and back on the road this Wednesday. The garage have advised that they replaced the whole turbo unit and intercooler and air intake valve from what I remember he said. I was driving it down the motorway this evening and was going about75 and I noticed that there were what I can only describe as like embers or maybe sparks coming out the back? I haven't noticed this before today and i don't think it happens if I stay at oomph or below?

Can anyone advise what this may be and advise if the car is ok to drive?
Thanks in advance.

Renault clio
Sorry just to add a little more information I've not noticed any excessive smoke or strange noises and there's been no loss of power, just the sparks when I accelerate.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I have seen sparks out of the back of my dci after an italian tune up flat out for 5 miles or so. I initially thought it was on fire as the sparks did not stop when rolling off the throttle?

Its pretty common on a diesel if heavily coked up when you give them a boot full. Dont worry about it give it a good blast out and it will stop. Enjoy the firework display at night i thought it was hilarious