ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 dci intake manifold pressure

Renault
Hi Guys i need some technical info, I have a 1,5 dci k9k 63kw and burnt a hole in number 4 piston and had to re do the whole engine I also did the turbo and injectors, the engine is running good but i have 2 concerns
1 I had a challenge setting the waste gate on the turbo, had 2 different fault codes one saying turbo performance is at maximum and the other turbo performance is at minimum level, I managed to set it in such a way that the light does not come on and it does not give the errors any more, the intake manifold pressure is 0.8 bar on idle an goes to 2 bar, now people tell me that is way to high but no one can tell me exactly what it should be can you maybe tell me?
Then when cold it cranks over about 5 to 6 times before starting and when hot only once or twice, now i have replaced the glow plug but could not get exactly the same ones and then got a replacement, I have tested the glow plug circuits and all is good and getting 12v to all for about 10-11 seconds. Now can the cold start probleem be because of the no OEM glow plugs on maybe the fact that the engine is new and still needs to be run in?

Dacia 1.5dci
in k9k 63kW 1.5dci , wastegate turbo is controlled by ECU in close loop PID controlling map with electronic vacuum valve that uses also underpressure pump to move wastegate.
You dont need to set 100% correct the length wastegate rod, cause ECU will open it more in more or less PWM duty cycle to move rod.

0.8bar on idle is too less, maybe the valve or underpressure pump doesnt give -0.7bar on idle ? or electronic vacuum valve is corrupted.
f8fcc77444a3938ef1b18275ada7-jpg.jpg