ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 dci blue smoke cold and noise

Clio 2 1.5 dci
Hi guys,i have 1.5 dci 60kw 82hp clio 2 2005, there is a problem from start, engine when is on first start no smoke at all even in minus degrese, but if i when is cold start reversing fast an realase, burned oil is smell and there is a blue smoke, if i slow get to 2k and hold no smoke at all or if i drive cold on stucked rpm 2k no smoke at all. If I accelerate fast when is cold till i get rpm (2k) there is a blue smoke and then stop smoking. And there is a noise when is cold like ticking noise. I know its oil in combustion proces. And when engine warmed up noise almost disapear and smoke when accelerate also disapear. I tried with inlet pipe remove, same thing happend(to inspect turbo). I changed valve seals again same thing. I forget to inspect valve guides when i changed valve seals without remove head. And i done compression test dry on cold engine, and compression is 28bar on each cylinder. I dont know will wet compression test show oil rings or scraping ring, if compression ring are good? Thanks an advance. P.s sorry for bad english

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Turbo or piston rings need changing. Take exhaust off at turbo and see if any oil on the turbine.

Clio 2 1.5 dci
Turbo or piston rings need changing. Take exhaust off at turbo and see if any oil on the turbine.
I already removed inlet mainfold pipe, and test it and same again. I put new turbo 3 weeks ago. Old was bad. But without turbo and egr still same. Is any way to inspect piston oil ring or scraping ring, i already test dry compression test on cold engine and reaults are perfect

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
You will to strip the engine to inspect. Worn piston rings are common.

Clio 2 1.5 dci
Can turbo leak into exhaust cause blee smoke when cold revers, and when get hot seals expand?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
As above take exhaust off and see if there is any oil deposits on the rear turbine, if its wet with oil turbo is bad, if its normal soot then its ok and its issues with the engine