ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio DCI 2004, Intermittent Stalling In Warm Weather

Hi,

My car intermittently stalls when the weather's warm. When it's cold out, it won't stall. It only happens when I come to a stop like at a roundabout and it'll cut out. The revs go down and if I don't put my clutch down fast enough, it'll stall. Check engine light flashes on. It'll immediately start back up though, that's never been a problem.

I bought a Creader CRP129 and got a fault code P0089 and also when I scanned it a DF113 and 2 DF137 codes. The DF137's said that my fuel pressure was both >maximum and <minimum. My aircon doesn't really work much but could that really be a contributing factor to the stalling?

What I've tried, changing fuel filter, cleaning the EGR, changing a sensor.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction, that would be wonderful.

Thank you.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
There is a fuel pressure sensor/regulator on the high pressure pump that's on the engine (runs off cambelt), I'm sure a fault with that can bring up df137 fault codes although there are probably other issues that'll do the same.

My wife's old dci had an issue with the above, I took the sensor off and cleaned it up and it seemed to work for a short time before playing up again, I ended up buying her a newer petrol clio in the end and never got to the bottom of the issue but it may well be worth starting there, there are some videos on you tube showing how the sensor comes apart for cleaning

Ads