ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio II 2003 model 1.2 16V cranks not starting

Renault Clio II
Hi everyone, I'm THIZAleG, I have a Renault Clio II 2003 model 1.2 16V. Until about 2 days ago the cat was running very well. Then suddenly I noticed it would sometimes cut off the power whilst driving at speed, then power up again. I also noticed it would take a few cranks before starting. Since this morning it wont at all. I Talen the crank position sensor and cleaned thoroughly, and had an "auto electrician" check the wires and the fuses, still the car cranks but never starts. The mechanic is now suggesting that is a relay (after Diagnosing with computer). When we test the spark there isn't a spark hwen starting.
Any ideas what the problem is as the car still cranks and running out of ideas. I'm thinking it might be related to the fuel system (not getting petrol to the injectors) - but the mechanic has demonstrated that there is no spark.
Please any advice will be greatly appreciated

Renault Clio2 1.4 16
Hi everyone, I'm THIZAleG, I have a Renault Clio II 2003 model 1.2 16V. Until about 2 days ago the cat was running very well. Then suddenly I noticed it would sometimes cut off the power whilst driving at speed, then power up again. I also noticed it would take a few cranks before starting. Since this morning it wont at all. I Talen the crank position sensor and cleaned thoroughly, and had an "auto electrician" check the wires and the fuses, still the car cranks but never starts. The mechanic is now suggesting that is a relay (after Diagnosing with computer). When we test the spark there isn't a spark hwen starting.
Any ideas what the problem is as the car still cranks and running out of ideas. I'm thinking it might be related to the fuel system (not getting petrol to the injectors) - but the mechanic has demonstrated that there is no spark.
Please any advice will be greatly appreciated
Check your computer box if there is no spark and injectors not openning