ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio Will not Start....No clicking. no power to sunroof or windows,

Renault Clio Dci
I have no break lights...all three...i now think it is the Break light switch under the steering wheel....but i messed about checking fuses and after that i had to reset the radio code...no problem...but when i tried to start the car there is nothing...no click at all, totally dead...the imobiliser light is flashing at a steady pace and does not change when i try to start it,...also there is no power to the electric windows or the sunroof...fairly sure the battery is ok...(but will check that next)...tried the spare key...can anyone help me please.

Renault Clio Dci
Just checked the battery and it's 13.5 volts...so it's not that...
Sat in the car with the ignition on
Turned the key to start it...nothing.
tried to turn the key a second time and it would not go to the start position ...take it out and it does the same again...wipers not working either nor indicators..(but washers do)...very strange.

You could try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes or so - I believe that makes the ECU 'reset', so it might clear any immobiliser issues.

Do you have another key you can try?

Can you plug it into a clip (or whatever the diagnostic tool is called)?