ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Dealer Tasks

Ph-Sold!

My 2001 1.2 Clios being booked into Renault Worthing next week for the rattling sunroof to be fixed, its also sounding quite rough (got an old deisel like rattle to it) For reasons that I dont know :confused:

Anything else I should get them to check over while its there?

Tim

Quote: Originally posted by Timmy! on 13 October 2003

My 2001 1.2 Clios being booked into Renault Worthing next week for the rattling sunroof to be fixed, its also sounding quite rough (got an old deisel like rattle to it) For reasons that I dont know :confused:

Anything else I should get them to check over while its there?

Tim

Had my clio sport 4 weeks and the sunroofs rattling like crazy already! also took it back to the dealer coz about 50% of the time when I try to put it into first gear it s really sticky unless the car is completely stopped. Dealer and mechanic took it for a test drive and (f***cking typically) nothing happened. They said they could only look at it further if THEY felt the problem. Obviously renualt dealers think we have nothing better to do than drive miles to the garage to make up stories! any ideas who to bug to try get car sorted? B x

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 13 October 2003

the 1.2 16v is a very noisy engine

there will be tapping from the engine, it seems only natural
Totally agree! my mate who has a Mini Cooper S drove it round the block and took it back convinced hed buggered the engine it made such a racket

How many miles have you done in it because if its new then wait a while for it to loosen up, gears usually take a little while to bed in

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

The missuss 1.2 16v used to sound a bit tappy to me too.....mentioned to renault when it was in for a service and they said it was normal for that engine

Its also normal to judder apparently.

And even if they attempt to fix the sunroof, it will still rattle, trust me ive had 2 new ones

Ph-Sold!

Mines done almost 22k miles now, only had it for 2.5k of that though. Ill ingore the tapping esque noise, thought I might have damaged something by taking it to see the missus when I first got it! Good to know Im not the only one :)

Guess you get used to it and start picking up the oddities, certainly whisper quiet compared to my old Micra! lol

Tim

Ph-Sold!

Its Chads missuss one thats the 16V, unfortunately Ive got the 8V one, my insurance would have been £300 more for a 16V! lol