ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault dealers are crap - official

C4 Grand Picasso

Daily Star today ran an article on Britains worst car dealers - aftersales service etc.

Renault was placed 30th out of 34, better than only Fiat (31); Peugeot (32); Daewoo (33); and Alpha Romeo (34).

This seems to match up with a lot of stories I have read on here, Im just glad my car hasnt had any problems (yet).

Im glad too... apart from that time when after a service/cambelt change my williams had three MASSIVE fuel leaks which couldve killed me and the car if I hadnt spotted them Grrrrrrr

K20 EG Hatch

well i really cant say they have been bad to me at all. Every problem i have had, (2) went it to renault an they fixed it there an then! well chuffed! :)

Mondeo STTDCI

The Daily Star is well known for running credible and well researced news stories.

Ha Ha.... i cant belive ive just remembered this!!

I was out in town on friday nite... in a rather p*ssed up state this random guy approches me and the following conversation went summat like this:

Guy : Hey mate, uve got that clio williams aint ya?

Me : Yea mate... erm... how u know that?

Guy : Oh i work at renault, i remember you from when you were in last...

Me : Oh.. are you a mechanic? ( about to give him some full grief :devilish: )

Guy : Na mate i just clean cars... I CANT BELIVE U LET THEM MUPPETS AT OUR SPOT NEAR YOUR CAR...

Guy : THERE F**KING USELESS!

Ive never laughed so much, this guy fully slated them for ages! Told me some right storys... thank god ive learnt my lesson from that spot, lol :devilish:

Agree totally. My own special Renault Hell is at Reg Vardy, Ecclesall Road, Sheffield: Cheers for never once managing to do anything right guys. It takes a special "talent".

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Levo on 05 April 2004

Daily Star today ran an article on Britains worst car dealers - aftersales service etc.

Renault was placed 30th out of 34, better than only Fiat (31); Peugeot (32); Daewoo (33); and Alpha Romeo (34).

This seems to match up with a lot of stories I have read on here, Im just glad my car hasnt had any problems (yet).

Personally I think these surveys are very misleading, because most people who are perfectly happy with their dealer/service probably dont bother to reply, whereas anyone who is less than happy will be on the case immediately, thereby causing more COMPLAINTS than PRAISE to be reported.

I much prefer my local garage any day and I would rather pay them than get free warranty work done by Renault. They have plenty of computerised equipment, skilled trustworthy guys and the foreman mechanic was at a Renault dealer for nine years.:D

The renault dealer in stourbridge is poo too, when they had my 2003 172 in for 15 days of warranty work they decided to open the drivers door into a wall then blamed me!!!!!!!! They fixed it in the end thou at no cost to me!!

By the way in tolal its been in for warranty work for around 23/24 days and all renault customer services said ""we will log this on the system""!

Peddled device

Before l bought my Cup from Renault Wolverhampton l phoned Renault Bury to enquire if they had one.

The salesman had never heard of a Cup:eek:

What f*cking chance do l have of good service from them if they dont know what cars they sell?Ive always had Peugeots so know very little about Renaults......but l had to explain what a Cup was:confused:

Does anyone know if Renault Manchester are better and if not who do you recommend around North Manchester?

Id agree with GR about the misleading aspect of these reports. My new car is an Alfa and I have to say that the service Ive had from my local Alfa dealer is far superior than any Renalut dealers I had to deal with in the past.

C4 Grand Picasso

I agree with GirlRacer too, these surveys cant be that accurate. It doesnt even say who conducted the survey, and its in The Star.

Anywho, heres the full list.

1. Lexus
2. Porsche
3. Jaguar
4. BMW
5. Mini (sorry MINI)
6. Suzuki
7. Subaru
8. Mazda
9. Skoda
10. Honda
11. Toyota
12. Saab
13. Mitsubishi
14. Audi
15. Hyundai
16. Volvo
17. Kia
18. Lotus
19. Land Rover
20. Nissan
21. Chrysler
22. MG Rover
23. Mercedes
24. Vauxhall
25. VW
26. Ford
27. SEAT
28. Citroen
29. Smart
30. RENAULT
31. Fiat
32. Daewoo
33. Peugeot
34. Alfa Romeo

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 05 April 2004

The Daily Star is well known for running credible and well researced news stories.
i dont make a habit of defending the Daily Star but it was actually an Auto Express story, they did all the research........i think the Daily Star just nicked it!

C4 Grand Picasso

Quote: Originally posted by jongsr4 on 05 April 2004

i dont make a habit of defending the Daily Star but it was actually an Auto Express story, they did all the research........i think the Daily Star just nicked it!
Sounds about right to me.

Volvo S60 T5

I would say its not down to the techy but the management and greed.

Sometimes I have about four jobs on the go at once it really pisses me off, the I get asked can you just come off that and look at this for me!!!:mad:

Its so profit hungry IMO hence so much disatisfaction of customers.
I pride myself on getting my work spot on and lose a lot of bonus due to this, but I still make the odd mistake, mostly due to the amount of pressure Im put under.
If only the dealers would just sit back and relax a bit and perhaps look for the weak areas within the dealership and make steps to sort out, not something that can be done overnight but over a period of time.

If you have poor paid/unhappy staff then you get a high turnover of staff, hence why the saleman didnt know what a cup was, he was probably a new bloke.

At the end of the day a well run garage/dealership needs good organisation/happy well looked after staff and top quality customer service. When you have all this in place then you reap the rewards of high profit/happy customers and staff.

I used to run a small independant garage and that ran like clockwork, everything was good happy customers/staff and high quality work with very few returns and best of all good prices and high profit. A lot of customers I had were sad to see the garage close due to the level of service they had.

Renault Laguna Sports

Fully agree with Mike 172sport, you shoudnt always blame the techy, most of us try to get it right but sometimes things dont go to plan. Not all Renault dealers are the same.

Clio 197

Quote: Originally posted by BigBoreBri on 05 April 2004

Guy : Na mate i just clean cars... I CANT BELIVE U LET THEM MUPPETS AT OUR SPOT NEAR YOUR CAR...

Would you rather they gave the car to him to work on? If the mechanics are muppets, how high up on the food chain do you think he is?

When i went into Ren Camden in Northampton to ask about the Cup the salesman there reassured me they had ABS. After telling him the spec of the car i wanted to buy he still told me they had esp. etc He was the idiot who gave me the brochure! Just never occured to him to actually read it i suppose.

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 05 April 2004

Sometimes I have about four jobs on the go at once it really pisses me off, the I get asked can you just come off that and look at this for me!!!:mad:
this is excactly what i have to deal with at work getting 3 or 4 jobs to deal with, i always want my work to be spot on and hate having a customer comeback ! but im only human, agreed customers are gonna be pissed off if there car has to come back or stay in for watever reason id be the same, but u cant just blame techys because of this theres alot of stuff that goes off which pisss me off to the max at work !!

the company is profit orinentated this really limits what we can do! if that makes sense

I actually have a very good Renault dealer so it is definitely not the case for ALL Renault dealers, most of them tho !

Quote: Originally posted by Eddd on 06 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by BigBoreBri on 05 April 2004

Would you rather they gave the car to him to work on? If the mechanics are muppets, how high up on the food chain do you think he is?
To be honest he couldnt have done much worse... :cry:

And just to point summat out he was more honest than any of the other staff ive dealt with there!! Sure he may not be the manager, but its not like someone who is "high up the food chain" as you put it will be found bad mouthing the company it works for is it?? :devilish:

Skoda Fabia vRS

this was an Auto Express survey

and personally im glad they came out sh*t, maybe now they will get there act together

also must add that the service i receive from my local Renault dealer, Dutton James in St Helens, especially Phil in parts, is top notch

RS Megane DCi 175

BRUN, Ill give them a go...got my first service in a few months.

Renault Wigan & Manchester are slightly better than useless.