ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault does it again!

had a set of konis with eibach springs fitted by my local renault garage today *yippy*
was happy for about 4 hours until i decided to adjust the damper settings. fronts are fine, came to adjust the backs, one of them is ok the other, the f**king muppets that call themselves "Profession Mechanics" have only gone and snapped the metal bit you use to adjust the damper with off.

stupidly, when i picked the car up earlier i had a quick look round but not under the rubber dust covers - DOH!!
i know they where ok when i left them at renault this morning, but where the hell do i stand with this???
koni arent gonna replace it because its a installation fault, renault arent gonna admit liability, which leaves me feeling very stupid (and outta pocket)!!

any suggestions???

cheers
--mark

Lionel Richie

you paid to have dampers and springs fitted!!!! youre just a W.I.M.P!!!!

Sorry, im in a really odd mood (really bored)

yeah im a W.I.M.P. :oops:
but then again, im living in germany and you cant even pick your nose without some sorta certification for it ;)

well, ive just spoken to them, the manager was helpful (but knew jack sh*t bout cars), hes off to speak with the muppets and hell call me back.
ill let you know what happens, but im not hopeful.

--mark

Lionel Richie

LOL

I know exactly whats happened!!! Theyve lowered the back of your car back down with the shock not located in the hole which has snapped the top off. Ive nearly done this myself a few times!!!!

hehe!!
quick update.

the service manager had a look at the damper today and basically said yes its there fault (nearly fainted when he said that!) but hes not authorised to replace it. hes gotta speak with his boss 1st, said there shouldnt be a problem with that and hell get back to me on wednesday.

well good news on that, so fingers crossed for wed.

--mark

woohoo!!!
theyre agreed to replace both rear konis and do the labour free of charge!!

....pity i reversed into a metal post (was in my blind spot) earlier today completely buggering up my wheel arch.

*sigh*