ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault ECU Theory?

would the real engine mappers please put their hands up?
certificate.jpg

Yep got one of those ;)

saeRECcert.jpg

And one of these as I'm also a member of the SAE.

saemember.jpg

Got SAE basics of ICEs and CAN for vehicle applications as well :D

rs r27
Yep got one of those ;)

[qIMG]http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww249/Icarus_rs/saeRECcert.jpg[/qIMG]

And one of these as I'm also a member of the SAE.

[qIMG]http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww249/Icarus_rs/saemember.jpg[/qIMG]

Got SAE basics of ICEs and CAN for vehicle applications as well :D

great.. what do you think about my problem?:eek:

great.. what do you think about my problem?:eek:

I don't have enough information to make a valid comment on it. Who did the calibration? What have they changed in the calibration over standard? How have they changed it? What else has been changed on the car? If there are aftermarket cams in there how were they timed up? etc. etc.

Without this information any comment I make would be a guess at best and I don't like 'guessing' ;)

Haha :) I got more CEUs for mine LOL

Did Basics of ICE in 07 but didn't manage to blag enough SAE credits to do REC until much later! I love the SAE stuff, it's fantastic and IMHO the best training there is for what we do due to how it's presented and how it's tested. I really want to do the High Performance Engine Design and Development seminar in November as I strongly believe to be an excellent calibrator you need an excellent understanding of the mechanics and thermodynamics happening within the engine and how these differ in very high output engine packages....... but as it's in November and in Michigan I can't get the time off to do it as that's the end of the season when a lot of our customers want us there to sit down and discuss how they develop their cars over winter for next season so they can put their winter testing plans together.

One of my mates is doing Applied Vehicle Dynamics in South Carolina later this year which is supposed to be an excellent course and provide a huge amount of information that can be useful for active suspension, active brake effort distribution etc. all of which is becoming required in some forms of motorsport...... I'm very jealous ;)

rs r27
I don't have enough information to make a valid comment on it. Who did the calibration? What have they changed in the calibration over standard? How have they changed it? What else has been changed on the car? If there are aftermarket cams in there how were they timed up? etc. etc.

Without this information any comment I make would be a guess at best and I don't like 'guessing' ;)

Hi, yesterday i re-dyno my 197.. less 10/15hp of the same day of the remap... and re-create the flatspot @ around 5800rpm

Calibration was made by a rally mechanic with wide band.
He change the fuel quantity and the anticipation

My car has schrick cams and head engine.

On my obd, i see that the short fuel trim is always on very negative value..and also the long fuel trim
can them value lower the power on maximum load?

if yes, which ecu i can place side by side to the originale ecu?

thanks!:dapprove: