ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Front Badge

Tangoed Works
I picked up a badge to spray black but not sure how to remove the old one. Is it the same with most Renault bits? Stick a screwdriver underneath and then prise off, or is there more to it?

The new one I have has 3 pins on it. Will this go onto an 05 plate 182. Any help much appreciated.

M

mini-valver

You need top undo the 2 grille fixings on the crossmember and bend it forward slightly and theres 3 torx screws holding it in from the back. Peice of piss :)

RS 172
Yeah just pops off with a bit of force. Feels like it might snap sometimes, but its quite tough and if your patient it wont. Just need to prize it off a bit at a time from different spots.

The 3 pin will fit yeah.

titanic killer
You need top undo the 2 grille fixings on the crossmember and bend it forward slightly and theres 3 torx screws holding it in from the back. Peice of piss :)
I wouldnt try that tbh,lol
If its the front diamond your taking off it just pulls off held in by 3 pins no screws or anything else,if stuck use a flat sided object and cover it with a rag to stop scratching and prise off,should only need to pull thou

M

mini-valver

I took it all off so I didn't snap it and get screwdriver indents all over the show, lol!

b/g 182, meg tourer
pull the diamond off with your hands mate. no screwdriver needed at all! you have to pull it pretty hard but i will come off. haha sounds a bit dirty. lol
looks great black, especiall with that cf bonnet of yours! ;) lucky git!
makes the front end look so much better, well i like mine anyway

DSC00550.gif

Tangoed Works
Cheers for help guys, just bought gloss black enamel spray from halfords. going to do 3 thin coats. Hopefully I wont end up breaking the old one off.

The one on my 172FF was clipped on and came off with a wee bit of force.

I can vouch for there being no screws holding it on :)

The first style of 172's may have the torx screws as the renault diamond is on bonnet rather than grill o the newer ones (172FF style i mean0

M

mini-valver

The one on my 172FF was clipped on and came off with a wee bit of force.

I can vouch for there being no screws holding it on :)

The first style of 172's may have the torx screws as the renault diamond is on bonnet rather than grill o the newer ones (172FF style i mean0

Undo the grille screws and have a look behind. There's 3 torx screws holding the whole diamond assembly in place. If you take it all off there's less chance of snapping the diamond off the front!

Tangoed Works
Sweet, just put the 3rd layer of paint onto the badge. Looking at the new badge, it looks just like a push fit so will just take the chance and prise the old one off. Will get proper piccys up of the whole car once its on.

BTW luke your car looks sweet with that lower grill, nice and subtle.

b/g 182, meg tourer
cheers jay :)
im a fan of your semi skimmed too ;) need to get me a cf bonnet what other weight saving mods have you done?

oh and ste 172, the black diamond looks mint on the flamer. lovely car fella

ITB BG 182
011-1.jpg

pic of mine. just pull it off!
Thats Mint... wish i could get a good picture of mine but i dont want to take one while its got a smashed hood.
basically mine looks like the exact oppsite of this picture, ie full black car with red diamonds all round only the exterior ones though.

Tangoed Works
im a fan of your semi skimmed too ;) need to get me a cf bonnet what other weight saving mods have you done?

Not much hence the "semi skimmed" term. put in misanos which i estimate to have lost at least 20kgs overall (the old seats weighed a shed load), the bonnet which probably loses about 5kg, removed the jack, probably 1kg, and the iso fix bar, a couple kg's.

I have to say though that the seats made such a difference. When I used to take another passenger, the car felt noticeably slower. Now when I take another passenger, the car feels no different.

The bonnet has made the initial throttle response sharper, like when you just stab it a bit, the car lunges forward with a bit more urgency. Main difference was the handling. When turning / changing direction it feels much sharper as the centre of gravity over the front has been lowered.

May get turinis over the summer as these should shed a couple kg off at each corner. Not looking to go all out stripped, but literally just "skim" off the excess fat lol!

b/g 182, meg tourer

Not much hence the "semi skimmed" term. put in misanos which i estimate to have lost at least 20kgs overall (the old seats weighed a shed load), the bonnet which probably loses about 5kg, removed the jack, probably 1kg, and the iso fix bar, a couple kg's.

I have to say though that the seats made such a difference. When I used to take another passenger, the car felt noticeably slower. Now when I take another passenger, the car feels no different.

The bonnet has made the initial throttle response sharper, like when you just stab it a bit, the car lunges forward with a bit more urgency. Main difference was the handling. When turning / changing direction it feels much sharper as the centre of gravity over the front has been lowered.

May get turinis over the summer as these should shed a couple kg off at each corner. Not looking to go all out stripped, but literally just "skim" off the excess fat lol!

yep, i know what you mean. what you have done to yours are pretty much what i had planned.
where did you get the misanos, would love a set of those at the right price. cf bonnet is without a doubt on the list! might go for one on the group buy :)
my lighter wheels made a noticable dirrerence all round. biggest improvement was how much more they cooled the brakes down! the standard 182 wheels dont seem to let any air in! i get no brake fade at all now with ulta legs, brembo max, foredo's and braided lines :)

get some turinis on!!

Tangoed Works
lol, you would be annoyed at me if i told you how much i got the misanos and bonnet for lol. I have DS2500 and Hi carbons on atm. going to get the braided lines fitted at the next service.

White Sti Hatch
Just had a look under the bonnet of mine and i hope to hell theres no screw holding the badge on in a Mk3 as ill need to dismantel half the engine bay to get to them :|

Has taking those things out honestly made it noticeable acceleration wise ?

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Sweet, just put the 3rd layer of paint onto the badge. Looking at the new badge, it looks just like a push fit so will just take the chance and prise the old one off. Will get proper piccys up of the whole car once its on.

BTW luke your car looks sweet with that lower grill, nice and subtle.

you did sand it to get a good key didint you ? also did you then apply primer sand again give 3-4 good coats of paint, then 3-4 coats of laquer ?

vern